Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Stop graph drawing each time I run a program

Post by ashesman »

I get impatient waiting for the graph to draw every time I want to run a program. And to make it worse, it draws it twice! Sometimes it takes a few minutes for a big complex program. Is there a way to disable this? I have parameter 150 bit 0 set to zero.
tblough
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192

Re: Stop graph drawing each time I run a program

Post by tblough »

First time it draws is to establish the part extents to properly scale the part display. Hit F8 to switch to g-code display.
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
Centroid_Tech2
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by Centroid_Tech2 »

Please post a current report from the system
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

turn off RTG, (run time graphics) and CNC12 displays g code only when running a job.
also the slower your PC the longer the graphics take when in RTG mode.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
ashesman
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by ashesman »

cnckeith wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:57 pm turn off RTG, (run time graphics) and CNC12 displays g code only when running a job.
also the slower your PC the longer the graphics take when in RTG mode.
Ohhh, now I see how it works.... Parameter 150 bit 0 set means that every time CNC12 starts RTG will be forced on. But because it had been forced on, then I set 150 to zero, of course it did not get forced off, I have to go turn it off.

I never even noticed the RTG button, I don't really go into the run menu!

It is a real shame it is horrendously slow to draw the g code files in the graphing screen and also that 3D view is disabled while machining. My PC at least doubles all the minimum requirements but is still really slow to draw, especially twice. When I used to do graphical programming, we would do the maths for calculating extents behind the scene. In fact we would then render everything behind the scenes and only display it once it was all complete as repeated screen update while drawing really slow things down.

Interestingly the Mill Demo software only draws the g code file once whereas my machine draws it twice! And why regenerate the drawing every time cycle start is pressed to run the same program? The file hasn't changed, it just wastes time for nothing...
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

slow graphing means either the g code programs is huge or the cncpc CPU is slow.

p260=1 for alternative graphics see manual for more info.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
tblough
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192

Post by tblough »

Do you have the feedrate set to 100%? The draw speed in F8 Graph is controlled by the feedrate override control.
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
ashesman

Post by ashesman »

cnckeith wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:58 pm slow graphing means either the g code programs is huge or the cncpc CPU is slow.

p260=1 for alternative graphics see manual for more info.
Haha, or that the code that is drawing it is inefficient. Fusion 360 can generate the tool path and draw it in 3D much faster than CPU12 can. I tried both normal and alternate graphics mode and they seem about the same.
ashesman

Post by ashesman »

tblough wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:52 pm Do you have the feedrate set to 100%? The draw speed in F8 Graph is controlled by the feedrate override control.
I always keep feedrate at 100% now. I am not sure why the draw speed would be feedrate dependent though. I might give it a go at different feed rates and see how long it takes.
cnckeith

Post by cnckeith »

ashesman wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:27 am
tblough wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:52 pm Do you have the feedrate set to 100%? The draw speed in F8 Graph is controlled by the feedrate override control.
I always keep feedrate at 100% now. I am not sure why the draw speed would be feedrate dependent though. I might give it a go at different feed rates and see how long it takes.
the cnc12 graph is running the motion algorithm therefore is is showing on the screen the actual machine tool motion that is going to result from the g code. other systems graph a representation of the G code, cnc12 graphs exactly what is going to happen on the machine, so things like cutter comp and smoothing are being calculated ahead of time (before showing the vector on the screen) We figured our users would want to see what the machine is actually going to do before finding out about surprise move(s) while cutting and the extra second or two that the graph would take to do that would be worth it.

so, if you have a very large short vector 3D milling program with a PC that meets the single thread benchmark requirements it may take a few seconds. please provide a fresh report.zip and a link to download the g code program you are having issues with and i'll graph it here on my machine and time it.