Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: VFD, Low Spindle Torque (Mori SL1H Oak)

Post by MachineMade »

I've thumbed through the Centroid installation manual (I did not to do the conversion). Can some one point me in the direction of where I can find info on Tuning Spindle Speed as referenced at parameter D2-02 above? D2-02 in my VFD is currently 0%

I am still having Torque problems and it is worse now after tuning. I have made a cable and am able to interface the VFD with Yaskawa Wizard. I have exported the Settings but do not want to attach them as they are 13 pages.
MachineMade

Post by MachineMade »

Here is a better photo of the motor tag just for reference.
Attachments
mori motor tag.jpg
MachineMade

Post by MachineMade »

So after pouring over the exported parameters I found auto tune set the VAC for E1-08 and E1-10 to 2.9 and .5. I have returned them back to factory default and seem to have good results. Low current as seen on the drive wizard tool during the drill cycle that was faulting the drive before I began. I am now having trouble with high current at spindle start which was never a problem before auto tuning. It peaks even commanding M3 S200 in MDI. I can hear the drive even. In the few years I've had the machine this was not a problem. So it seems this is also an effect of auto tuning. I reset the motor slip E2-02 back to default and now I can operate without OV faulting the drive at spindle start. But Ramp up and spindle start result in high current. I did fix my lack of torque by resetting E1-08 and E1-10 to default however.

If I had had the drive wizard installed and a back up of all the parameters I think I would be in business. Spindle start up and ramp up have not been a problem in the few years I have owned the lathe before my auto tuning attempt. Any ideas?

Anyone have a 5.5 kw spindle motor v1000 and drive wizard? If so can you export your parameters for me to reference as a form of sanity check?
MachineMade

Post by MachineMade »

Just noticing I never updated this. I did wind up installing drive wizard and building a cable with a Ethernet cable db9 break out adapter, to work with a db9 serial to usb adapter cable. All of which I had on hand from previous CNC and amateur Radio exploits. Drive wizard allowed me to monitor what the motor was doing and tune accordingly. Using only the parameters above were not enough for me. I now have a very improved spindle torque and safe motor amperage as monitored by the drive wizard. The previous owner could not get it right either I am not sure why this is different than other motors. I have changed vfd's on small automated lines in the past and usually it only took a little work to get them going. But those were pretty basic applications.

It took a week or so of pouring through parameters and trying to make sense of what may need to change. I have made piles of parts since and been bumping up feeds and speeds to take advantage of my new found spindle abilities.