Cant home rotary drive in the + direction, only (-)

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

cnckeith
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Cant home rotary drive in the + direction, only (-)

Post by cnckeith »

report shows this as the home program.

M92/Z
M26/Z
M91/X
M26/X
M92/Y
M26/Y
M92/A
M26/A

comment out the M92/A with a semi colon (which tells cnc12 to seeks the A axis switch) like this.

M92/Z
M26/Z
M91/X
M26/X
M92/Y
M26/Y
;M92/A
M26/A

and the A axis will home where ever the A axis is sitting at. then you can debug general motion of the A axis first.
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
cncot
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: console 104030 SysId 0008DC111213-1202202505
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by cncot »

Thanks
I had not been using the code you mentioned since I installed 4.2.0 with rotary plc, so the code is probably not a factor. I have been running find home from the soft keys.
I will try your suggestion. At least I can find a rotary home in both directions ??
I got the system homed as a 3 axis and ran the tuning before installing the new rotary software package.
The A axis seems to be operating perfectly. I assume that it would be better to home it somewhere and run tuning. Do you have published tuning parameters for it?
Did you look at my motor parameters table? I can’t find instructions to configure it, and am guessing blind. Please show me where to find instructions for it, particularly the A axis.

As to the wiring questions, it’s a brand new centroid 200 rotary which is wired according to the centroid CNC schematics. If it were wired wrong, it would not home in ether direction!
I have my own complete cad drawings which are linked below. Feel free to download the schematics and photos.
Thanks!!
Mike
Centroid_Tech2
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by Centroid_Tech2 »

It sounds like your encoder counts are set wrong. Looking at your report they are set to 8000 but the new DC motors from Centroid have 5K encoders so the encoder counts per rev will need changed to 20000. What's happening now is it's seeing the home switch and then looking for the index pulse and not finding it within 8000 counts when moving in one direction.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
cncot
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: console 104030 SysId 0008DC111213-1202202505
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by cncot »

Thanks
I had no way of knowing that!!
An easy fix on Thursday
Mike