Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Update controls on Hendricks 2008 CNC

Post by DAYTRIP »

So should the x0 be bonded to the ground at the transformer or the grind remains isolated from x0? Thank cncsnw
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Run a green ground wire from your service ground to X0. Use the same wire gage as that with feeds the transformer primary.

Run a white neutral wire from X0 to a suitable set of distribution terminals, along with the three hot legs from the transformer secondary.
DAYTRIP
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by DAYTRIP »

Got the control cabinet energized. One flaw in my plan to use a 24 vdc power supply instead of T1. The power supply I bought is only 1.25amp and it would run for a few minutes then start cutting out then in … which was cycling CNT1. Wired up T1 and that resolved it. Need to program the yaskawa drives. Didn’t realize I needed to download more software. Try again tomorrow!
Attachments
9ABE0844-8157-4A32-9129-6828A9DA1452.jpeg
DAYTRIP

Post by DAYTRIP »

So we got the yaskawa drives programmed and tried to continue on with start up. Couple questions.

1) we were powering the entire machine down (at disconnect) and when we powered back up we would have to clear drive faults directly from yaskawa software. I assume that means we need to keep power on the machine at all times?

2) we currently have one limit switch per axis. Per Marty’s advice we are going to replace those with two. We would like to start up as is so as we follow the manual instructions on homing the machine we identify the x-, which in our case is the same as x+. Do we set those to be the same or chose an input not used?

3) our machine is a router and we have no encoder. We continue to get encoder failure. Need to figure out what parameter to turn off to get past this?

As of yet we have not been able to move the machine from cnc 12 or start the spindle. We have been able to move from the yaskawa software. Appreciate any advice or insight. Searching around to see if there are any videos on these steps.

Thanks, Jim
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

1) The Yaskawa drives should power up without being in a fault condition; and if they are in a fault, you should be able to reset it by pressing Emergency Stop on the Centroid control.

What is the fault code displayed on the drives' LED displays?

2) Set the limit input numbers for the directions you are NOT homing in (e.g. X+, Y- and Z-) to zeros.

3) Which encoder? What does the message say?

If you are getting Spindle encoder differential errors, then you can either set Parameter 35 to zero, or -- if you want to have a spindle axis so you can have a spindle load meter -- leave Parameter 35 set to 6 and set Parameter 313 to zero.

If you are getting MPG #1 encoder differential errors, and you do not actually have any type of MPG handwheel, then set Parameter 348 to zero.
DAYTRIP

Post by DAYTRIP »

Thanks cncsnw.
I will check the drive code this morning once at the shop. My 23 year old was at the helm so I missed the code. One thought came to mind. There is a pair of wires that plug in under the small door at the top of the drive. I have them plugged in but it seems weird that they should stay plugged in and the door half open? The interface cable is supplied by centroid and this pair of wires is a little pig tail at the end.

The encoder error is spindle encoder I believe 9052? We will turn is off.

Will report back. Jim
DAYTRIP

Post by DAYTRIP »

So as we start up to try and set up to home the machine this is the fault. Drive fault (9045 ). We can’t get to MDI To clear.

On the drive itself it is flashing 810 and they only clear thru the yaskawa. We unplugged the two wire pig tails mentioned above.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Following TB267, you need to configure the drives to use the absolute encoders as incremental encoders.
DAYTRIP

Post by DAYTRIP »

Ok. We will see if we can get it corrected. Sent you a message as well. Thank you
DAYTRIP

Post by DAYTRIP »

Made changes to drive program. That got rid of code 810. Drives show 66. We don’t have the “code book” so at a loss for what that means. We did start getting encoder feedback what felt like randomly but I suspect my son is not saving or existing correctly. We are not able to home or move the machine. We do get a z drive code on the centroid but it is now 9045.