Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Update controls on Hendricks 2008 CNC

Post by cnckeith »

google photo album is best way to go! all photos in one spot at high res, same link to album forever..etc...
Need support? READ THIS POST first. http://centroidcncforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043
All Acorn Documentation is located here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=3397
Answers to common questions: viewforum.php?f=63
and here viewforum.php?f=61
Gear we use but don't sell. https://www.centroidcnc.com/centroid_di ... _gear.html
DAYTRIP
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by DAYTRIP »

cnckeith wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:57 pm google photo album is best way to go! all photos in one spot at high res, same link to album forever..etc...
I can get a link to the album Keith but I can get the image to show here?
DAYTRIP

Post by DAYTRIP »

cncsnw wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:25 pm All of the Centroid components run on single phase. The only three-phase loads are your spindle drive and servo amplifiers. As far as I know, Yaskawa does not specify that the power needs to be delta or wye

Regarding T1: you want a source of 120VAC to run your logic and input power supplies, and your computer and monitor. If you are going to use contactors with 24VAC coils (as recommended on S14765) then you need a source of 24VAC. Any transformer or combination of transformers that gives you 4A or so of 120VAC, and 4A or so of 24VAC, will work. Using a single transformer that provides both is a convenience, and saves space.

Centroid uses a Square D transformer, pn 9070T500D15.
You could also use a Hammond PH500MLI from Automation Direct.
Holly cow that transformer is huge!

Also based on your advice on the z brake I looked at how the machine was wired and they used a relay to switch the line power. Going to reuse it if it is good.
Last edited by DAYTRIP on Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DAYTRIP

Post by DAYTRIP »

So my next mystery I am working thru is my vacuum pump control breaker. This is the control breaker that the pump motor runs off of. Back at the control panel there is a momentary on-off switch that says VAC. This switch ran to a small relay that then ran to the control breaker. In order to move the machine the previous owner disconnected everything so I am not sure how the momemetary switch keeps the control breaker latched? Maybe the switch wasn’t in use or the control breaker is different to what I am familiar with?

Any insight would be great!

cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Is there one momentary pushbutton that functioned as an on/off toggle? That would require some tricky relay wiring to implement, but would be simple enough if a PLC were involved.

Or were there two buttons: one for on, and one for off? That is a very standard thing. Do a web search for "motor starter on/off button wiring" or something similar. Exactly how you wire it depends on the coil voltage required by the contactor.

Optionally, you could skip the buttons and just control it with a PLC output from the Oak, then put it on Centroid control panel buttons or M functions or both.

FWIW I would call that device a "motor starter" or " contactor and overload" or just "contactor". While it does break the power circuit when needed, it is not what we would normally call a "breaker".
DAYTRIP

Post by DAYTRIP »

Thanks cncsnw. Brain fart on control breaker. Thanks for the correction. It was on a push but switch that appears to be momentary based on ohm meter. I am trying to find a manual/instruction on the contactor but haven’t seen anything yet. Functionally it seems like it would be good to have control of the vac near the point that the sheets would be loaded? That’s the other end. Sounds like changing the switch or going to oak is the best option after I figure out the contactor requirements.

Thanks again! Jim
DAYTRIP

Post by DAYTRIP »

Started the oak today and bench tested. Followed the instructions and Marty’s video which was a huge help! Basically got to the inverter output test and all is good. Trying to move on to hook up the inverter controls. Having a little trouble figuring out my connections. Got the 0-10v figured out. Getting a little crossed up on the inputs to oak. The drive appears to output at 30v and 48v. It is a yaskawa mini V7. Trying to use the centroid schematics. Basically what I am running to H11 5,7, 8. Then can h14 take any inputs and inverter analog input at those voltages.

Any advice would be great
Attachments
50B7825A-1429-4D98-A702-2D69633C85CC.jpeg
5564146C-D4C4-40DC-B59E-C8627C5C7040.png
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Those values are the maximum limits for the voltage YOU apply to the relay or photocoupler outputs.

The VFD outputs do not output anything at all, except what you put into them.
DAYTRIP

Post by DAYTRIP »

Ok thank you! I thought that was the case but since they were on the output of the drive I thought I might be wrong. Maybe I will mark up the centroid schematic with the yaskawa connections and get some thoughts

Thanks again.
DAYTRIP

Post by DAYTRIP »

Cncsnw, would I run a 24vdc into h11 #5 then thru the contactor then back to the vfd commons? The generic schematic only has the 24vdc going to fault. Sorry I am slow on this