DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Recover Config Directory Linux CNC10

Post by WARP7 »

Bridgeport BOSS w/ DC3IO
CNC10 Mill Linux 1.51

I am looking to recover the configuration settings from a CF card using a CF to USB adapter and a alternate Windows PC, as the onboard computer is no longer functioning and cannot be replaced. I am not very familiar with Linux, so I would appreciate a bit of guidance. Would it be best to boot Centroid on the external PC, or is there a way to get the files using Windows File Explorer?

The machine was originally equipped with a M39S kit but has since undergone several computer replacements. Trying to get the files in order to start on a retrofit to the Allin1DC controller and CNC12.

Old CNCPC specs:
Asus P5LD2-VM REV 1.03 LGA775 945G
Pentium 4 2.8GHz
2GB RAM
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Recover Config Directory Linux CNC10

Post by martyscncgarage »

WARP7 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:33 pm Bridgeport BOSS w/ DC3IO
CNC10 Mill Linux 1.51

I am looking to recover the configuration settings from a CF card using a CF to USB adapter and a alternate Windows PC, as the onboard computer is no longer functioning and cannot be replaced. I am not very familiar with Linux, so I would appreciate a bit of guidance. Would it be best to boot Centroid on the external PC, or is there a way to get the files using Windows File Explorer?

The machine was originally equipped with a M39S kit but has since undergone several computer replacements. Trying to get the files in order to start on a retrofit to the Allin1DC controller and CNC12.

Old CNCPC specs:
Asus P5LD2-VM REV 1.03 LGA775 945G
Pentium 4 2.8GHz
2GB RAM
Suggest you contact Centroid with the serial number on the Centroid tag on the back of the Operator console.
They have a data transfer service you could utilize.

Marc (cncsnw) may also chime in for suggestions when he has time.
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
cncsnw

Re: Recover Config Directory Linux CNC10

Post by cncsnw »

Windows generally cannot read Linux filesystems.

I usually read them on another Linux system. If you can find/make a live-boot CD or USB system with almost any recent Linux release (e.g. Ubuntu), then you can plug in a USB card reader with the CNC10 flash card, and also a USB "thumb" drive, and copy files to your heart's content.

The setup and configuration files are all in the /cncroot/c/cnc10 directory on the compact flash card.

Picking them out and copying onto a new system can be a bit tricky if you cannot run CNC10 (and therefore cannot readily use the Report function). If you are lucky there may be a "report.zip" or "report.txt" file left over in the cnc10 directory, from the last time someone made a report.