dave-w
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Power Supply Question

Post by dave-w »

I'm getting ready to upgrade an older Bridgeport with servo drives and Anilam Crusader II controls. My plan was to reuse the servos and power supply since they were still in operating condition. I'm not sure if I can use the power supply as it's currently configured with the ALLIN1DC controller. There is a single transformer with multiple taps that feed 3 individual rectifier/cap circuits (one for each axis). Can I just wire the output from the caps to the power supply of the ALLIN1DC? A picture of the current power supply is attached for clarification.
Attachments
Anilam Crusader PS.jpg
Centroid_Liviu
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Power Supply Question

Post by Centroid_Liviu »

It would depend on what the capacitor/rectifier is rated at. The ALLIN1DC can handle up to 180VDC coming in for its DC drives. I have attached a schematic showing a setup with our 110VAC power supply kit.
Attachments
S11003_110VAC_ALLIN1DC_Mill_w_4th_Optional.pdf
(124.8 KiB) Downloaded 220 times
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. https://www.viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

Dave,

Do you know if they are all different voltages?
dave-w

Post by dave-w »

ajaxscott wrote:Dave,

Do you know if they are all different voltages?
I haven't measured them, but the schematic shows the same values for the caps. I'm assuming they are. The motors are SEM and are rated at 140VDC. I wouldn't imagine the power supply exceeds that, so I should be good to go on the 180VDC limit.

I'll put a meter on them today and report back.

-Dave
dave-w

Post by dave-w »

It appears the transformer may no longer be transforming. I have 120VAC in the primary, but the secondary windings have no output and there was no reading at the caps.

Will your "110VAC Power Supply Kit" be suitable for my machine? What is the voltage output?

The motors are made by SEM. The X&Y servos are rated at 142 volts, 30 pulse amps, and 3.0NM torque. The Z servo is rated at 140volts, 21 pulse amps, and 1.5nm torque.
Centroid_Liviu
DC3IOB: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by Centroid_Liviu »

Our 110VAC Power supply kit will output 110VDC. There should probably be no issue using it with your servos. Worst case scenario you will lose a few RPM at the top end. I have attached a full wiring schematic.
Attachments
LowPowerDCPowerSupply.pdf
(43.58 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. https://www.viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
AMDlloydsp
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0605130770

Post by AMDlloydsp »

Although I won't discourage you from buying the Ajax power supply (because it works well), there's little chance that your "transformer is no longer transforming". That would require an open winding, which (having been in the transformer business) I can say is rare to almost negligible in likelihood. More likely is that you have missed a jumper between taps somewhere.

LLoyd
Marik

Post by Marik »

Make sure you are reading voltage on the capacitor on DC. If still no reading check if you can read secondary transformer windings on AC. If still no luck check the transformer for the open windings.

Allin1 takes only one input voltage for the motors, so to boost the current you can connect all three windings on your transformer in parallel, and then use a 50A rated bridge and connect all your capacitors in parallel.

Best, M