Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

pc for allin1dc

Post by dhollobaugh »

hello i am looking for information on which pc i should have for my allin1dc. i have read the requirments for the pc but when i start asking questions at various stores i cant seem to get any answers. i want a pc with sshd . any recommendations ty
ShawnM
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 7804734C6498-0401191832

Re: pc for allin1dc

Post by ShawnM »

You can buy a compatible PC that meets the requirements on eBay very easily. You can get them preloaded with Win10 Pro, an SSD and at least 8GB of RAM for about $150-$200. A monitor that can display 1920x1080 is highly recommended. You can pick these up all day long for around $75. If you want a touch screen then plan on spending about $150 for a ViewSonic.

Here's an eBay link for one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/334170733366?h ... SwdwFhYvFb

All you need to do is look up the processor (like i5-4570T) on the CPU Benchmark webpage to be sure it's at has at least 1500 rating for the SINGLE THREAD RATING. There's a link for the website on the Centroid PC requirement page. The machine in the eBay link is rated at 1922.

Going to a "store" would be a waste of time in my opinion as most, if not all, sales people there wont even know what a CPU benchmark is. :D
Sword
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Re: pc for allin1dc

Post by Sword »

Just ordered two from that seller last week. I also have two others with the same specs that are in use (one of them for three years now) and I can confirm that they work very well. As stated, that processor (i5-4570T) has a good single thread rating. Always check the processor specs by searching here...https://www.cpubenchmark.net/
Scott