Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Tool Changer logic

Post by repauli1 »

I have my Oak 8 tool umbrella functioning, but if you select a tool from the bin that is empty, it stops at "waiting for clamp", my clamp sensor only works if a toolholder is actually in the spindle. I then have to move Carousel out manually and indexed a loaded bin, and reset ATC. My Haas mill just acts like it's loaded and moves on. Is there a work around this "waiting for tool clamp" to continue?
Attachments
20211231_145609.jpg
cncsnw

Re: Tool Changer logic

Post by cncsnw »

I cannot be sure without seeing a report (and am not inclined to take my time searching for one in your previous posts, then hoping it is current), but my guess would be that the wait is represented as an M101 call, either in your M6 macro file, or in a tool-clamp macro file (maybe M16?) that is called from M6.

If you don't care to ever check this input, then you could delete the M101 and replace it with a short G4 dwell to allow time for the drawbar to close.

Depending on your PLC program, you might or might not also need to delete some type of "not ready" check that monitors the tool-clamped input.
repauli1
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by repauli1 »

Thanks, I want to try to keep the input " Tool Clamped" feature to insure tool holder is seated properly, hate to spin up to 24,000rpm when there is a chance it's not seated 100%. I am going to see if the tool assignment is --- "unassigned" if the tool changer will disregard that bin or tool.
Will report finding.
I have a magazine cover that opens and closes, and a spindle brush that needs to be raised upon M6 executions. I could feasibility mount a prox sensor to sense if there is a tool holder in the bin (tool) being called up to load, and take appropriate action to notify operator their tool being called is not in bin.
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

POST a fresh report....F7 Utility, F7 Create report when asking for help. It shows us how CNC12 is configured....
Can't stress this enough

Marc (cncsnw) is for hire if you care to contact him to retain his services. He knows the Centroid PLC very well. He helped put it together.
He is reasonable and efficient.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ