MPU11 & GPIO4D -w/ 3rd Party Drives: No
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Re: 1997 Bridgeport Romi CNC flat bed lathe Easy Path S

Post by martyscncgarage »

Mark, you have to make a decision on what you want to do with your spindle drive and servo drives. You are also the only one that knows your skill level.

Time and money....
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
Chevy427z
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900999

Post by Chevy427z »

martyscncgarage wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:26 pm Mark, you have to make a decision on what you want to do with your spindle drive and servo drives. You are also the only one that knows your skill level.

Time and money....
Yep, understood. I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing that you forgot about my skill level on the Wells Index conversation. LOL

I'm comfortable following you guys' direction. I gained tremendous confidence getting the Wells Index running. I am taking this one step at a time. The fuse you listed is the exact one I ordered. I ordered two just for "just fers". My concern is you guys running out of patience. You did a great job with my Wells and I appreciate everything you did. If something is over my head, I have no problem saying so and asking for clarification.

The meter that I am using does not allow for zeroing. I was hoping posting a pic of it connected would suffice.

We'll cross bridges slowly and carefully as they come up. First thing is to get the new fuse in, power in and load out disconnected and we see where we are. A new drive like mine is about $3K. Polar listed one that's very reasonable, under $700, if it comes to that.

Mark
M400
A900999
CNC12
SYSTEM ID - 0008DC111213-0301212560
polaraligned
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 1030090103

Post by polaraligned »

Chevy427z wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:59 pm
The meter that I am using does not allow for zeroing. I was hoping posting a pic of it connected would suffice.
All meters show lead resistance unless zeroed. The lead resistance is about 0.1 ohms generally.

What does your meter read when you connect the leads directly together?

Chevy427z wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:59 pm A new drive like mine is about $3K.
Maybe I am missing what is special about this VFD, but 7.5hp VFD's run about $500 to $600 new unless this is a vector VFD which is electronically closing the loop to the VFD. I would imagine that a modern sensorless vector drive would perform well and they still are reasonably priced. It should be easy to trace out if the VFD is getting feedback from the motor.

https://www.wolfautomation.com/products ... _5_hp/?p=2

Look at these.
Chevy427z
CNC11: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900999

Post by Chevy427z »

martyscncgarage wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:19 am You provided a picture of the spindle drive label:
Spindle Drive label.jpg

As for the drive, good you found a blown fuse. Disconnect the motor wires from the drive.
Disconnect the cabinet feed wires from the drive.
Connect 240VAC to L1 and L3 power up the drive and note what the display says.

The spindle motor label should be on the motor body itself. I though I saw something on the bottom of the motor.
Marty
My new fuses arrived today. Checked them both and they are good. Installed one and put it back together as described by Marty above. The drive does absolutely nothing. I can hear a high pitched whine, but nothing on the display. Tried punching a few buttons, no change. When I remove the power, I can hear the high pitched whine diminish. Fuse is still good.

I looked in the manual. Page 6 says that something should show on the screen, as wired originally, doesn't say anything about with just 240 single phase coming in and no motor connected.

Side note: Still don't see any other labels on the motor aside from the one for the fan.

Polar was asking about what my meter read with the leads touching. It reads zero.

Mark
M400
A900999
CNC12
SYSTEM ID - 0008DC111213-0301212560
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by martyscncgarage »

Are you sure the display/operator panel is fully seated and good connection made?
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ