Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0501192213
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

EXTERNAL CYCLE STOP BUTTON

Post by cnctc »

I have a external cycle stop button wired up to input 16 on my all in one dc and was wondering how to program the input to tell the all in one to start the program?

Thanks,
rjtechserv
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: CNC12-m39-104028
CNC11: Yes

Re: EXTERNAL CYCLE STOP BUTTON

Post by rjtechserv »

I'm confused, Stop button to start the program? Either way of what you are trying to do will take a slight edit of the PLC start or stop logic. You'd assign INP16 a name, then insert that name into the start or stop logic. recompile the PLC and reboot the system. ALWAYS do a system report backup first!
Rob Jackson

RJ Technical Services
cnctc
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0501192213
CNC11: No

Post by cnctc »

crap sorry START. That's probably over my head unfortunately. It used to work with the original all in one, but it failed last year and we never noticed that the new all in one doesnt work with the external start button until now.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Swapping out the Allin1DC unit would not change PLC behavior.

Reinstalling CNC12 software and installing a default PLC program, when there was previously a custom PLC program, would change behavior. In that case, restoring a Report from the original system would fix the problem.

Do you have a Report from back when your external Start button worked?

A change like that is not rocket science. It takes two lines of editing. If you post a Report here, someone will probably do it for you.

Edit: I just noticed that you are Traver from Nebraska, so you are probably talking about either A900413 on the Willis mill, or A900747 on the Milltronics lathe. Strangely, none of PLC programs from past reports you have sent me from either of those machines include remote cycle start logic on INP16.