Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: ATC Issue (resolved)

Post by martyscncgarage »

repauli1 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:47 pm Well the issue was not code related, BUT reading the plc code and how it interacts with macros gave me the ability to track down two issues I had. The Carousel had stopped functioning after lengthy rebuild and testing, which required some addition adjustments. Then I found that the Carousel would stop in between bins, I finally figured out I had to inverse my counter prox, now everything works.

Video link:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/JyTnHFzT61oEWyTs6
Nicely done! Thanks for bringing this to a close.
Question, is your carousel bi-directional? It seems as it took "the long way around the block" to get to tool 1 from tool 3?
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

If you set your G28 Z position to be the same as the G30 Z position, then you can eliminate the extra movement at the start of the tool change.

As Marty points out, there is something amiss with the code to choose the shortest direction (unless your carousel indeed can only go one direction).
repauli1
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by repauli1 »

martyscncgarage wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:59 pm [quote=repauli1 post_id=57577 time=1639864045 user_id=8x24
Nicely done! Thanks for bringing this to a close.
Question, is your carousel bi-directional? It seems as it took "the long way around the block" to get to tool 1 from tool 3?
Yes it is, but need to troubleshoot the Rev rotation on motor, I had it working, but will not rotate reverse right now.