CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Cant Start benchmark testing

Post by riener »

Hello,
Its me again, i finally managed to completly wire my hurco bmc 40. Now i wanted to test the spindle according to a very helpful video from martyscncgarage, but i cant come into the mdi Mode and to errors got in my way

First was error 327, where i cant find a Real documentation about
The second error 5164 comes After a time. As you can See in the pictures (i have to bundle some cables and also to connect some shielded cables to ground but for testing it should be good enough) i have one plcad1616 which is also Set in the Parameter list that way.

I also connected some in btw outputs to another plane as preconfigured for example the orientation so that i don,t have to travel to long distances with a unshieled wire and instead try to put All in and outputs as thight together as possible. But i don't really understand how to rearange those, if i change them in the config txt file, they have the same Name in the overview which can be Opened with alt+i as before.
Thanks for taking time to help a beginner with his machine
Attachments
report_1114190880_2021-12-08_11-47-11.zip
(254.48 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
20211208_181639.jpg
20211208_181619.jpg
20211208_175506.jpg
cncsnw

Re: Cant Start benchmark testing

Post by cncsnw »

Plug your PLC expansion cable into port #1 on the Oak, instead of port #4.

Then set Machine Parameter 900 to a value of 1.0.

Press and release Emergency Stop to clear any existing fault conditions.
Then take a picture of the Alt-i screen and post it here.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

To change where input and output devices are connected, you need to edit your PLC program source file, then recompile it.

You might also have to edit any of your M function macro files that use M100 or M101 to wait on specific inputs.

For example, M80, to advance the carousel, includes "M101/50032", which waits for INP32 to close. If you move the carousel-advanced input to something other than INP32, you have to edit mfunc80.mac to match.
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Consider retaining Marc (cncsnw) to help you if you are not familiar with editing the PLC.
Marc knows the Centroid control system well. He helped write the Centroid PLC and was employed by Centroid before he went on his own.
He is reasonable, wastes no time and is prompt provided he is not busy.
I have used Marc before, he is very professional.
He also has a website where he has shared his knowledge. www.cncsnw.com
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
riener
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes

Post by riener »

Hello,
After i rewired the plc to input 1 and also Set the custom Inputs of the atc on Status ok i came in the mdi Screen and messured the Voltage of the spindle.
Now i have a Problem with the axes, btw. The encoders on that.
When i want to jog one axis theres immediately fault 410.
This is cause if for example i want to Travel up so z+ the z Position from the encoder gives a inverted Signal, so z value get less even when the axis moves in the right direction in this case up. Can i invert the encoder somehow like yoh invert a three Phase motor or is that more complicated
riener
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes

Post by riener »

martyscncgarage wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:15 pm Consider retaining Marc (cncsnw) to help you if you are not familiar with editing the PLC.
Marc knows the Centroid control system well. He helped write the Centroid PLC and was employed by Centroid before he went on his own.
He is reasonable, wastes no time and is prompt provided he is not busy.
I have used Marc before, he is very professional.
He also has a website where he has shared his knowledge. www.cncsnw.com
Marty
Hello,
Thanks for the info. The Thing is that i want to understand how that hole System operates in order to repair it on my own, i dont have a strict time Limit, its more like a Hobby for me aside from my work as cad-constructer, Farmer.
But now that i know who i could ask for advice, i will definetly consider this Option, so ghat i can thank btw. Marc for the other help i got from him via that forum.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

You can reverse the direction an encoder counts, by swapping the A channel wires with the B channel wires.