CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Analog request output wiring to a lichuan servo driver

Post by riener »

Hello,
After a long break i will finally end my cnc project and therefore i would need some advice to correstly wire the driver.
Most of the Inputs i already crimped but for the analog request output i would need some advice.
To use the autotune function i would like to run the system in torque Mode so i would connect the pin 26 on the axus Header to pin 2 on the driver, but i have no 10v com on the axis Header to connect pin 17, so i don't know if this is correct. If i Look in the schematics of the supported drivers the connect the com Signal to +5v com, but im not really Sure if this is the way to go. The two connectors 29 and 30 on the driver also drive me nuts cause i don't know if i need them and where those should be connected if so.
I hope that soweit experts are out there to help me out a little, thanks in advance, as we say in austria
Attachments
3PHASE AC380V Servo driver user mnual (1).pdf
(14.45 MiB) Downloaded 68 times
cncsnw

Re: Analog request output wiring to a lichuan servo driver

Post by cncsnw »

Yes, the "5V COM" connections on the Oak header are used for analog common.

I strongly recommend velocity mode rather than torque mode. The CNC12 Autotune is rudimentary, and only for the feed-forward terms (Kg, Kv1 and Ka). It will not help you tune Kp, Ki and Kd for stability or responsiveness. That is up to you. You will probably have an easier time tuning the drives in velocity mode.
riener
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by riener »

cncsnw wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:13 pm Yes, the "5V COM" connections on the Oak header are used for analog common.

I strongly recommend velocity mode rather than torque mode. The CNC12 Autotune is rudimentary, and only for the feed-forward terms (Kg, Kv1 and Ka). It will not help you tune Kp, Ki and Kd for stability or responsiveness. That is up to you. You will probably have an easier time tuning the drives in velocity mode.
Thanks for the advice, then i connect the driver in velocity Mode first.

Do you have an idea where pin 30 on the driver would belon in the manuel is stated that it Inputs the Position data request for an absolut encoder
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Oak does not read absolute encoder data, so I presume that you would not connect such a pin anywhere.

Just connect incremental encoder channels (A, /A, B, /B, Z, /Z, and a common reference).