rderkis
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900325
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Default- last program run when it starts up

Post by rderkis »

Is there is a way to setup mpu13, so it does not load the last program it ran before shut down, when it starts up?
Once I get used to mpu13 I will probably want the last the program to run, loaded at startup, but for now, all it does is mess me up. If I make a mistake and hit cycle start at wrong time. :-(

Thank You!
Ron Derkis
diycncscott

Re: Default- last program run when it starts up

Post by diycncscott »

Ron,

If you have the set to home to limit switches on power up, the control will actually load and run cncm.hom on cycle start before it loads the last job run before shutdown.

There really isn't any simple way to prevent the last job from automatically loading other than manually deleting the cncm.job file before starting CNC11.

BTW What do you expect to happen when you press cycle start?
rderkis

Post by rderkis »

The way tech support set it up for me with team support,
I hit cycle start to home the machine after power up.
I am vary new to this so, if there is a limit switch error sometimes and I can't get it to home, I will hit cycle start again.
Sometimes this causes the machine to run the last program loaded.
This is not the cnc11's programs fault but mine.(Inexperience)
I think I will try to create a batch file that will ask me if I want to load the last program created, before launching cnc11. If I hit "No" it will delete the job file before loading cnc11.
I have not tried this yet so I don't know if it will work.
AMDlloydsp
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0605130770

Post by AMDlloydsp »

I am vary new to this so, if there is a limit switch error sometimes and I can't get it to home, I will hit cycle start again.
Sometimes this causes the machine to run the last program loaded.
This is not the cnc11's programs fault but mine.(Inexperience)
----------
I don't mean to sound critical, but you cannot blame this improper action on inexperience. You already KNOW it will produce a result you don't want -- so if you hit "cycle start" again after it's already reported an axis limit fault, then you're deliberately invoking the error you don't want! :?

This has only happened to me once or twice in the whole time I've had the Centroid control, so forgive me if I mis-remember how to get past it. I THINK this is the way:

If an axis-limit is hit before the 'home' sequence is begun, it will fail to run, reporting an axis limit condition.
At that point, engage and disengage the e-stop switch. IIRC correctly, that will allow you to bypass the axis fault, and move any (or all) axes away from their stops.

After getting the axes off their pins, you can stop and restart the software to re-do the home sequence, or you can use the F12 key to do it.

LLoyd
rderkis

Post by rderkis »

I could kid you and ask you "how you could let that happen one or two times". :-(
But I won't. :-)
In my case, It is inexperience coupled with vary advanced age and a little dementia. :-)
Just answering my 1st post tells me you care! Thank you
AMDlloydsp
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0605130770

Post by AMDlloydsp »

I could kid you and ask you "how you could let that happen one or two times".
--------
I didn't let the "accidental start of the program" happen. I meant only that the machine has (only once or twice) come up in a state where an axis limit prevented homing.<G>

I was mistaken about the F12 key, though. It does a 'go to home' (at full slew rates), but doesn't perform the home-sense function. Apparently, only a re-start of the software does that first maneuver.

I'm 65... so I know about the 'dementia' part. Heh!

Lloyd
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

If the automatic homing process fails (for example, because you were on a limit switch when you tried to start it, or because there was an unexpected limit trip during homing) then you should be left with home not yet set (not on all axes, at least). The "Machine home not set" message should still appear in the middle of the screen, and you should not have option such as F2/Load, F4/Run, F5/CAM, etc..

Thus if homing fails, all you need to do is jog clear of the limit switch and press Cycle Start again, to try homing again.

Only if the homing sequence runs to completion (gets as far as executing M26 on every axis) will you have the option of running the last loaded job. You will know you are in this state because all of the function key options will be present (including F2/Load, F4/Run, etc.).

Always look at the screen before you press Cycle Start. Even for mid-job tool changes.
rderkis

Post by rderkis »

I'm 65... so I know about the 'dementia' part. Heh!
Ahh - So I can call you kid! :-)