Adam
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

upgrading older linux mother board with Cf Card

Post by Adam »

i have a mori seiki lathe with a SD3 PCI PLC card connected to a p4 mother board that has gone bad and I want to replace with a newer industrial mother board. the current board has both a 3.5 HDD and a 512 CF flash card.

My goal is to replace the mother board with a industrial and the 3.5 with CF card or a SDD
attach is the serial information for the SD3 module
Attachments
SD3 serial number
SD3 serial number
Centroid_Liviu
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: upgrading older linux mother board with Cf Card

Post by Centroid_Liviu »

Can you take a look in your computer at the CPU10 board? There should be a number serial number for that board as well. I can look up your system with that number.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. https://www.viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
Adam
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by Adam »

ia not sure what number is the serial number is so here is a picture if the board
Attachments
2013-11-12_12-39-45_286.jpg
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

i have a mori seiki lathe with a SD3 PCI PLC card connected to a p4 mother board that has gone bad (...)
Just so nobody gets too confused about what hardware is what....

The SD3 is the servo drive unit (servo amplifier). It is the device in your first picture. It is mounted on the control panel in the cabinet.

Your PLC is probably a PLCIO2 unit (not pictured). It would also be mounted on the control panel in the cabinet.

The only thing to which the description "PCI" applies is the CPU10 control CPU board. It is the one in your last picture; it is the "brains" of the control; and it resides in a PCI expansion slot on the PC motherboard.

Your CPU10 board is serial number 609 (as scribed in the corner of the board, and also in the last four digits of the code hand-written on the IO2PIC label).

To do what you want to do, without buying something different to replace the CPU10 board, you will need a computer motherboard which has a PCI slot, and also which is supported by the Linux system that in turn supports the CNC10 front-end software.

If you replace the CPU10 with a new MPU11 board, plus the LEGACYADD expansion board, and put a bit of effort and/or investment into migrating your system setups and PLC program, then you could change over to Windows-based CNC11 software. That would give you considerably more flexibility in your PC choices.

The MPU11 is normally used with new-generation servo drive and PLC hardware, but the LEGACYADD daughterboard allows it to work with the SD3 and PLCIO2.