CNC Control System Serial Number: 102849
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: KP-3 Probe Woes

Post by BodeRacing »

cnckeith wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:18 pm
hello. sorry you had issues with the DP-4. We did reduce the repair cost by 50% for your case even though it was out of Warranty.
I don't want to do any bashing because I really appreciate what Centroid brings to the table, but I barely used my probe and I DID NOT CRASH IT! NOT EVEN CLOSE! It did not trigger when it was supposed to so it did not stop and then destroyed itself.

The big disappointment is not getting any failure analysis when I asked several times. The assumption that us users screw up without keeping an open mind on the root cause of the failure (such as probe malfunction) is very disappointing and unfair to the end users. I do appreciate the 50% discount, but there was a clear defect in my professional opinion with the probe when I got it.

Was it out of warranty - yes - not by much, but I had just started using it. I lost many months because I had spindle issues with the machine (bought it new) that needed to get corrected before I could use the machine and it was almost a year after I got the machine that I was able to start using the probe. It failed shortly after that.

I deal with a lot of failure analysis, warranty and it of warranty failures/issues, and I stand by my statement that the customer service I received was extremely disappointing to me.