Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 20599
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

CNC loses coordinates or X0, Y0, Z0. when the power goes out unexpectedly

Post by leoflorezfcv »

Buenas, ante todo un saludo cordial para todos.

les escribo desde Venezuela, en mi Pais la electricidad falla mucho, y se corta el servicio constantemente sin previo aviso.

Tengo un Centroid Allin1DC, el problema que tengo actualmente es que con los cortes de servicio electrico al estar haciendo un mecanizado y ocurrir el corte sin aviso la maquina se apaga y al encender la maquina nuevamente no guarda los X0, Y0, Z0,con el que estaba realizando el mecanizado, es decir las coordenadas, no me conserva ni las coordenadas de maquina ni las G54.

En el momento en que la maquina se apaga, el punto donde este la maquina en ese momento, en coordenadas maquina lo asume como X0,Y0,Z0 de maquina, y al ocurrir esto pierde las configuraciones de los limites de carrera asi como tambien los 0, que inicialmente ya habia configurado.

Espero puedan entender mi consulta y puedan ayudarme a resolver. Ya he perdido material y tiempo por esta situacion, yo pienso que esta maquina debe tener alguna manera de configurar para que esto no ocurra, que al apagarse la maquina de forma repentina, al encenderla pueda continuar el trabajo donde se detuvo y no reiniciar desde el inicio.

Saludos me despido.

Hello, first of all a cordial greeting to all.

I am writing to you from Venezuela, in my country the electricity fails a lot, and the service is constantly cut off without prior notice.

I have a Centroid Allin1DC, the problem I currently have is that with the power outages when machining and cutting occurs without warning, the machine turns off and when the machine is turned on again it does not save the X0, Y0, Z0, with the that I was doing the machining, that is to say the coordinates, it does not keep me neither the machine coordinates nor the G54.

At the moment the machine is turned off, the point where the machine is at that moment, in machine coordinates it assumes it as X0, Y0, Z0 of the machine, and when this happens it loses the settings of the travel limits as well as the 0, which I had already configured initially.

I hope you can understand my query and can help me to solve it. I have already lost material and time due to this situation, I think that this machine must have some way to configure so that this does not happen, that when the machine is turned off suddenly, when it is turned on it can continue the work where it stopped and not restart from the beginning.

Greetings I say goodbye
cncsnw

Re: CNC loses coordinates or X0, Y0, Z0. when the power goes out unexpectedly

Post by cncsnw »

In a normal setup, the machine zero would be at the homed position, which would be just off of limit/home switches on each axis.

When the power is switched off, then back on, the control prompts you to press Cycle Start to find home. The control will then repeat the process of moving each axis to, and then clear of, the limit/home switches.

That assumes, of course, you have at least one limit/home switch per axis; that you have correctly wired them to the Allin1DC; and that you have selected "Home Switch" for the homing method on the Control Configuration screen.

If you were to post a Report from your control, then we could see whether at least some of those things are true. If you cannot post a Report, then you will just have to tell us whether you have limit/home switches, and are using them to find home after each power-up.

The G54 offset is recorded as a distance from machine home. The offset distance is automatically stored in the file cncm.wcs, in the c:\cncm directory. It is read in from that file every time CNC12 starts up. Once you let the machine home itself, you should then have the same G54 location that you last set on the Part Setup screen.

After a power failure, you cannot just leave the machine sitting where it left off, and resume running. You have to let it find home off the switches. Then you can use F4/Run -> F2/Search to pick up where you left off.
cncjeff1
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by cncjeff1 »

In situations like this, I install a UPS that will maintain power to the PC. That way, even if the power goes out, the control will remember where it is. A 600 or 800 Watt UPS will usually keep everything safe for about 30 minutes. I've had great success using products from Advice.
leoflorezfcv
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by leoflorezfcv »

cncsnw wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:06 am In a normal setup, the machine zero would be at the homed position, which would be just off of limit/home switches on each axis.

When the power is switched off, then back on, the control prompts you to press Cycle Start to find home. The control will then repeat the process of moving each axis to, and then clear of, the limit/home switches.

That assumes, of course, you have at least one limit/home switch per axis; that you have correctly wired them to the Allin1DC; and that you have selected "Home Switch" for the homing method on the Control Configuration screen.

If you were to post a Report from your control, then we could see whether at least some of those things are true. If you cannot post a Report, then you will just have to tell us whether you have limit/home switches, and are using them to find home after each power-up.

The G54 offset is recorded as a distance from machine home. The offset distance is automatically stored in the file cncm.wcs, in the c:\cncm directory. It is read in from that file every time CNC12 starts up. Once you let the machine home itself, you should then have the same G54 location that you last set on the Part Setup screen.

After a power failure, you cannot just leave the machine sitting where it left off, and resume running. You have to let it find home off the switches. Then you can use F4/Run -> F2/Search to pick up where you left off.

Buenas, muchas gracias por responder, te confieso que realmente creo que no he configurado bien los limites de carrera y home de la maquina, te comento como lo hice: la maquina posee los micros al final de cada mesa, justo en el centro de recorrido de cada eje allí lo establezco como 0 de maquina para los 3 ejes. luego tanto para negativo o positivo determino la medida para que llegue cerca sin tocar el micro, por ejemplo en Y, el recorrido total es de 395mm, en la mitad del recorrido lo ajusto como Y0 de maquina, y en el limit switch en Y-197.5mm y Y197.5mm, así la misma operación para los 3 ejes, X,Y,Z. pero realmente no estoy seguro que este bien así. los 0 de cada eje lo hago por SETUP > MACH > SET HOME.

en el menú de configuración en SETUP / MACH, tenemos FIND HOME, en este menú de FIND HOME, no se si debo realizar alguna configuración. esto aquí nunca lo he tocado.

Realmente mucho les agradecería su apoyo y ayuda, el cambio de idioma con el manual y poco conocimiento con el CNC me dificulta poder configurar bien.

te adjunto el reporte de hoy. si necesitas algo mas por favor me avisas. algún capture de pantalla o algo que necesites. muchas gracias nuevamente.

Hello, thank you very much for answering, I confess that I really believe that I have not set the machine's home and race limits correctly, I will tell you how I did it: the machine has the microphones at the end of each table, right in the center of the route of each axis there I establish it as machine 0 for the 3 axes. then for both negative or positive I determine the measurement so that it reaches close without touching the micro, for example in Y, the total travel is 395mm, in the middle of the travel I set it as Y0 of machine, and in the limit switch in Y- 197.5mm and Y197.5mm, thus the same operation for the 3 axes, X, Y, Z. But I'm really not sure it's okay like this. I do the 0 of each axis by SETUP> MACH> SET HOME.

In the configuration menu in SETUP / MACH, we have FIND HOME, in this FIND HOME menu, I don't know if I should make any configuration. this here I have never touched.

I would really appreciate your support and help, the change of language with the manual and little knowledge with the CNC makes it difficult for me to configure well.

I am attaching today's report. If you need anything else please let me know. some screenshot or something you need. thank you very much again.
Attachments
report_0008DC111213-0629212624_2021-10-25_09-43-36.zip
(520.54 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
leoflorezfcv
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by leoflorezfcv »

cncjeff1 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:04 am In situations like this, I install a UPS that will maintain power to the PC. That way, even if the power goes out, the control will remember where it is. A 600 or 800 Watt UPS will usually keep everything safe for about 30 minutes. I've had great success using products from Advice.
Buenas amigo, gracias por responder.

efectivamente el día de hoy, instalamos un UPS como lo recomiendas, energizamos el PLC y la computadora. ahora realizaremos pruebas a ver como nos va.

pero de todas maneras como le comento a la otra persona que me respondió, me parece que debo tener alguna configuración de limites y cero de maquina mas establecido.

mucho les agradezco a todos y espero puedan ayudarme a poder resolver y aprovechar muy bien la maquina.

saludos

Good friend, thanks for answering.

effectively today, we installed a UPS as you recommend, we energized the PLC and the computer. now we will carry out tests to see how it goes.

But anyway, as I mentioned to the other person who answered me, it seems to me that I must have some configuration of limits and zero of the machine more established.

I thank you all very much and I hope you can help me to be able to solve and take advantage of the machine very well.

Cheers