Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Cnc10 cf difficulties

Post by Ckbuilt »

Hey guys. I’m gonnna start by saying, don’t criticize me too hard for forgetting how to do this when I already did it once. But recently I changed computers due to a hard drive crash (and other reasons but this was the biggest reason), and in doing so I’ve been trying to make a new compact flash for cnc10 and no matter how I set the drive jumpers, order on ide cable, boot order, etc, I’m getting nothing but “missing operating system” errors. Now since this is an old computer, it may be that the cd drive isn’t correctly reading the installer disk, but the cd drive is being picked up in bios so I’m not sure. I don’t know if this Ames a difference or not, but there currently isn’t a hdd with an operating system installed in the computer. Just the compact flash. I know the boot disk is good because I tried installing it on a much newer computer knowing it wouldn’t work, but to test and make sure it wasn’t the disk, which it tried to install like it should have, but stopped because no idedisk drive was detected ( again I knew it wouldn’t work ). So maybe someone on here might know what the issue is. Please do not send me a link to the instructions on how to make a cnc10 flash/hard drive instructions. I’ve been looking at that paper and trying to figure this out for so long I might snap if I have to look at it one more time. Lol. The motherboard of the new computer is an asus a8n deluxe if that matters, but if anybody has an idea as to what the problem might be, I’d love to hear what you have to say. Thanks
Attachments
FB13E236-3660-47C3-A982-B55AEBCCC4D8.jpeg
58C20FFB-3D9D-44DD-A90A-72D1F06165D8.jpeg
cncsnw

Re: Cnc10 cf difficulties

Post by cncsnw »

You appear to have the CDROM drive and the compact flash adapter on the same IDE cable, as master and slave.

Many of the compact flash adapters I have used don't work well sharing a cable.

Try moving your CDROM drive to a separate cable, plugged into the second IDE port.
Ckbuilt
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by Ckbuilt »

Ok. Should it still be set as slave ? Or would I set it for master?
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Both devices should be set as master drives, for their separate IDE channels.