Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

New conversion from M15-6 to Allin1DC

Post by CNChobbyguy »

I am very new, so I appreciate any help. I am converting an M15-6 system mill over to the Allin1 DC. When setting my servo amperage, there are 2 charts, 1 that is for "low power setting" and then the other one. I have 122 VDC coming from the rectifier thru the cap. Is this considered high or low power?
cncsnw

Re: New conversion from M15-6 to Allin1DC

Post by cncsnw »

Leave the Allin1DC set for 12A per axis.
eng199
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by eng199 »

The current setting chart should have 6, 9, 12, and 15 amp settings.

If you managed to find a chart that shows 5, 6, 7, and 9 amp settings, ignore it. The low current version of ALLIN1DC is very rare and I can almost guarantee that is not the version you have.
CNChobbyguy
Acorn CNC Controller: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: New conversion from Centroid M15-6 to Allin1DC

Post by CNChobbyguy »

I am in the middle of converting a Centroid M15-6 to All in 1 DC. Much of the old wiring is completely different. I have watched many of Marty's video, and anything else I can find. They have been very helpful. My question: I plan on adding a VFD at a later date, but currently am going to use the original forward and reverse switch. Is the contactor actuated at all times when the machine is powered on? My contactor has 2 "piggy back" contactors mounted on it, 1 N/O the other N/C. The DC voltage, to the servos, runs thru the N/O contact on the old system. This would meant that the contactor would have to be actuated to allow you to power the servos. I would think that it would be, but wanted to be sure prior to keeping the wiring that way.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

It sounds like what you have is an emergency stop contactor.

It would also switch the 3-phase power for the spindle motor, and might even include an overload relay for the spindle motor power, but actually switching the motor on and choosing direction would be done with a manual drum switch on the mill head.

You might at least want to change to a separate reversing contactor set, so that the Allin1DC can turn the spindle on and off and choose direction; and also so that the spindle does not start up immediately when you release Emergency Stop, in the event that you leave the drum switch in one of the "on" positions.
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

It would be VERY helpful if you take the time to follow and provide the information in this post:
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=383

It helps us have a bigger picture of what you are working on, your control cabinet, its wiring etc.
It will help us provide better information for you. Do you feel comfortable working on the control? Have some basic electrical/electronic experience and familiar with the control system?

Give us enough information and we'll do our best to help.
Marc (cncsnw) knows these controls very well. His suggestions are spot on. a reversing contactor is best, but the money you put forth buying one of those might be better spend on the VFD....provide information on your machine, your spindle motor, hp, current etc. Post pictures....

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ