AMDlloydsp
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0605130770
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Aux key functions

Post by AMDlloydsp »

This is maybe a 'different' sort of thing, but I cannot figure out how to do this with ONE aux button.

We now (after only two days) rely heavily on the 'tool check' key to replace tools in holders, because we never seem to have enough holders for a job.

As such, I wanted an easy way for my operators to establish a new 'part' zero setting for Z. It's easy enough to do with TWO aux keys... input Z, then setABS. One key set for a parm=3 and one for parm=4.

But I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it with only one key.
I tried programming a custom macro with a g92 Z0, but that only 'sticks' until "resume program" is hit and the cycle-start key is pressed. Then the tool-check mode re-asserts the old settings, and the new Z=0 is lost.

Any hints?
This is fun, but I would love to reduce this down to just one (of the very valuable) aux keys.

Also... where the heck is mfunc199.mac stored? My Aux 12 key is occupied by it as shipped, and I can delete the function from it, but I'd love to know where it hides, since I cannot modify Mcodes past 90.

Thanks,
Lloyd
AMDlloydsp

Re: Aux key functions

Post by AMDlloydsp »

Anybody? Scott? Liviu? Hello?

Lloyd
AMDlloydsp

Post by AMDlloydsp »

Well, I've gone over all the old responses from Scott and Liviu, and the day of the week they respond is not an issue. Both respond on various days, excepting weekends.

I guess they must both be on vacation. Either that, or this is now a "solely user supported" forum.

C'mon, guys! I'm trying real hard not to tie up your phones. This should be the most efficient way to get some help.

(I'm also trying not to be a jerk about this [although I probably appear to be one], but as good as your service is over the phone and direct personal email, this seems to be just the opposite. Does no one have a specific assignment to check this site for new questions? Isn't that a business imperative, if you run a 'support' forum?)

Lloyd
diycncscott

Post by diycncscott »

AMDlloydsp wrote:Well, I've gone over all the old responses from Scott and Liviu, and the day of the week they respond is not an issue. Both respond on various days, excepting weekends.

I guess they must both be on vacation. Either that, or this is now a "solely user supported" forum.

C'mon, guys! I'm trying real hard not to tie up your phones. This should be the most efficient way to get some help.

(I'm also trying not to be a jerk about this [although I probably appear to be one], but as good as your service is over the phone and direct personal email, this seems to be just the opposite. Does no one have a specific assignment to check this site for new questions? Isn't that a business imperative, if you run a 'support' forum?)

Lloyd
Lloyd,

Custom M functions are supported from 0-99 and only some of them can be customized. Please see the manual for further info.
In your case, while you can program an aux key to run an M function, there is no way you can run an M function from an aux key to do what you want to do because running an m function from an aux key constitutes "running a job" and thus would "break" the "Resume" functionality you are relying on. You'll either need to use two aux keys or just use the standard part position setup.

You can change the default behavior of the aux12 key and assign it a macro just like any other aux key. The value of Parameter 199 defines the desired behavior.
AMDlloydsp

Post by AMDlloydsp »

Thanks, Scott. I was afraid of that. I've spent hours with the manual, and I understood how the Aux keys could be programmed -- and have done so.

I was just trying 1) to reduce the number of keys used (because they are valuable real estate), and 2) find where that M199 macro was, so I could study it.

Yes, I also knew I could usurp that function on Aux 12.

In future, if you get the inclination to 'open up' the UI a little more, I'm sure inveterate 'hackers' like myself would enjoy fiddling with some of the capabilities.

Lloyd
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

There is no M199 macro, nor any M199 function. If your control has "19911" entered in Parameter 199 (as if to make the Aux12 key execute an M199 code), then that parameter setting and the affected Aux key do nothing.
AMDlloydsp

Post by AMDlloydsp »

cncsnw wrote:There is no M199 macro, nor any M199 function. If your control has "19911" entered in Parameter 199 (as if to make the Aux12 key execute an M199 code), then that parameter setting and the affected Aux key do nothing.
-------------
I think you assume too much, without having MY control, as Ajax set it up for the BOSS (R2E4) mill.

Quite the contrary -- your assumption is entirely wrong.

You are correct that there is no "official" M199 in the standardized m-codes (though 'standardized' is a pretty loose term, if you look at a whole lot of different machines and all the proprietary codes they support. There are codes out there you might not even imagine!)

There IS an M199 on my control's Aux12 key, set up *not by me*, but by the Ajax factory, and it does, indeed, do something -- it effects a 'home' of all axes. It even displays in the g-code list on the Centroid screen, with the comment, "Move to Machine Home on Aux 12 key". That comment is followed by a G28.

Finally, it IS set up as a 19911 in parameter 199. I checked. I don't say silly things like that without checking the facts (and myself) first. That's why I asked "where is the mfunc199.mac file stored?"

There's SO much more I could say... but I'll be nice. You should ask before assuming.

Lloyd