OAK Emergency Stop Displays Backwards (RESOLVED)

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

Titleiiarms
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

OAK Emergency Stop Displays Backwards (RESOLVED)

Post by Titleiiarms »

Probably a stupid error on my part but Im stumped.. Since install last week Ive had a wierd Estop problem The machine will only run when the screen says EMERGENCY STOP. Thats with the estop button out and voltage on input H14 11 (IN) I had it wired manually with another estop button to just complete the ESTOP circuit and today I wired in a Centroid Pendant with the Estop button. Wired per instructions and removed the old button connections.. Same thing. This machine only works when the button is out ( of course ) and H14 11 is energized. When i push the button in to remove the power from H14 IN the screen says Emergency stop released ( in green ) but it wont run :) The main contactor is wired through a 24v relay to energize the drives and it works fine ESTOP IN no power to drives ESTOP out Power to drives. I tried to invert the 11 input pin but it just makes it backwards and screen still has to say EMERGENCY STOP before it runs.. WTH ?
Last edited by Titleiiarms on Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guy
Titleiiarms
Dilliner, PA
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: OAK Emergency Stop Displays Backwards

Post by martyscncgarage »

When in CNC12, press Alt i to toggle the diagnostic display. Use your arrow keys to move the box up to the top line of leds. Start from the far left and move the box to the right, watching the middle of the screen under the last row of LEDs. It shows you the description for that input, Keep moving over until you get to ESTOP. Probably Input 11. Is there a LINE over the LED? If so, with the box around this LED, press Ctrl Alt I to invert it and remove it.
Line should be gone. Test your Estop button.
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
Titleiiarms

Post by Titleiiarms »

Yea. Tried that. No line over it . It's green when etop out. Display says 406 emer stop detected. Machine works. If I invert 11 to red, display says 335 emer stop released. Machine won't run.. not sure if it matters but I see differences in the standard oak.src and atc .src file that I use. Standard says added resetarmed_m is mem202 at top of file, while the standard oak umbrella has blank line there under estop_reset is mem202. ?
Guy
Titleiiarms
Dilliner, PA
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Change Machine Parameter 0 from 11 to -11.
Titleiiarms

Post by Titleiiarms »

Well. That did it. No idea how that could have gotten changed.. Thanks! On to the next unknown problem.. :) think I'm close to finish line. APPRICATE the help.
Guy
Titleiiarms
Dilliner, PA