Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A50191
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC12: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Dc310 about to hit the bricks

Post by Codythecreator »

So you believe it’s definitely an issue with either the Dc3io or cpu10? Whether it be the optical fibers, or the pcbs themselves, or because I’m using that pci adapter instead of an actual pci slot? Also just for the record, I added an emi filter between the capacitor and the terminal inputs, and it dropped the 30vac down to around 5vac but if that isn’t the issue, then I won’t look much more into that. So basically you’re thinking my options are send in the dc310 and cpu10 and have them inspected or change the motherboard in the computer?
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

I would probably try changing the motherboard first, to one that has a real PCI slot and that has been proven to work reliably with CNC10.

If that does not solve it, then I would send the CPU10, fibers, and DC3IO all to Centroid for evaluation.
Codythecreator
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A50191
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC12: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by Codythecreator »

ok well thank you for all your help and taking the time to reply to all of my questions. I have a new set of fibers coming any day so once those get here ill try those out just in case, and i think i may be able to get ahold of another motherboard. And then if all else fails, then ill send everything in. again, i appreciate all of the help