OAK CarouseIN issue. One air coil solenoid.

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

ashesman
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: OAK CarouseIN issue. One air coil solenoid.

Post by ashesman »

You should be able to type in the bin number for each tool directly into the table. Then do an ATC reset (not atc init) to correct for the tool in the spindle and it should be all good.

At the risk of stating the obvious and I am sure you already know that tool number is your tool number that you call that tool and bin number is the actual bin on the ATC. So your tool 3 can go in bin 6 etc.
Titleiiarms
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC12: No

Post by Titleiiarms »

Think I tried that once but will again and do another report. And yes I know u can mix them up. Im trying to KIS and make them match :)
Guy
Titleiiarms
Dilliner, PA
Titleiiarms

Post by Titleiiarms »

Ok I tried it again and noticed something different . I think the reason its not updating is i didnt know what to look for when doing atc reset on each tool/bin location Everytime I tried after tool 1 bin 1 and went to tool 2 ATC reset, it asks for tool number, bin number, put back location.. CONFIRM CANT BE UNDONE etc.. I say OK and hear a click and 313 waiting for dwell time on the screen. Im guessing the turrent should rotate to that bin number but does not move. I have to hit reset to get out. Not sure how to test other than the VCP AUX button to rotate the tools. That works fine in both directions.. Strange stuff.
Guy
Titleiiarms
Dilliner, PA
ashesman

Post by ashesman »

You can use the PLC debugher (CTRL+E) to watch all the states of the tool change inputs and outputs in real time as a graph. It gives more detail than the red/green lights (ALT+I).

Sounds like there is definitely some debugging to do there to work out what is going on.
Titleiiarms

Post by Titleiiarms »

Yea i brought that up once to try but really didnt get far. As soon as I started it the Control software came up with a red message that said PLC halted etc etc and I didnt really knw what to next to try and run a test. Another notice.. While my tool counter is working and updated the BIN the "normal" state input is always green and cycles red while rotating then back to green when locked. I tried to invert but acts the same. Should I swap to a PNP (NO) sensor as well ?
Guy
Titleiiarms
Dilliner, PA
ashesman

Post by ashesman »

Sorry, I don't fully understand all the input signals on the tool changer and their polarities and timings.

I will see if I can get a better understanding after looking at the PLC code.

Inputs can be inverted in the PLC and also in the parameters so you shouldn't need to replace any sensors.
ashesman

Post by ashesman »

I have modified the PLC program to only use one PLC output to control the carousel movement. I have put aa picture of the only changes I made to the file below for reference for other people and for the other guys to check too. I have already done 10 hours of coding today so my brain is starting to die! Also hard when to can not test yourself first.

To compile the file, here is the process:
  • In your C:\cncm folder, rename your current mpu.plc file as a backup, call it whatever you like
  • Copy in the attached file called "Centroid-Mill-Standard-OAK-ATC-Umbrella-r7_SingleCarouselOutput.src"
  • Open a command prompt. Press Windows key, type cmd then select Command Prompt
  • In the command prompt change to the cncm directory by typing cd c:\cncm
  • Compile the PLC code by typing mpucomp.exe Centroid-Mill-Standard-OAK-ATC-Umbrella-r7_SingleCarouselOutput.src mpu.plc. Note that you can start typing Centroid then press tab and it will fill out the big file name. Make sure you get the right file, may need to press tab twice
  • Check there is a new mpu.plc file in there. This is the file that CNC12 loads into the Oak at startup to configure it.
  • Power cycle the Oak and restart CNC12. Done...
Something to note about the change I made: In the case of an ESTOP or program cancel, the old method with two solenoids would just turn off both solenoids leaving the carousel wherever it was. Now that there is only one solenoid, if it was to get turned off at a stop, the carousel may be in and/or mid tool change. So rather than suddenly turn the solenoid off and retract, it will leave it on if it is on, and off if it is off.
Capture.JPG
Attachments
Centroid-Mill-Standard-OAK-ATC-Umbrella-r7_SingleCarouselOutput.src
(152.73 KiB) Downloaded 97 times
Titleiiarms

Post by Titleiiarms »

Well.. That fixed the Carousel ! Thanks for that mod. went in without a hitch. I messed with the ATC bin reset stuff and try loading per the ATC3 paper but Im must be dumber than a rock cause it dont work like that for me. F7 ATC does zip.. I enter a different tool number than whats loaded and hit CYCLE START and it does nothing , no errors, just like I did nothing. I just did a complete bin reset, manually (AUX7/8) rotated the bin to BIN 1 and did the ATC reset on the first tool to be bin 1 tool 1 putback 1. I then did a M6T2 and it came in and took the tool 1 in the spindle out, went back in, rotated to a empty bin 2, came out to a empty spindle and went back in. I manually put a tool in spindle for bin 2 and did a M6T3, It cycled that tool back to bin 2 and rotated to bin 4 and so on.. I loaded 4 tools that way and all the tool changes are working and tool numbers align with the bins. So far so good !

I had one more issue related to tool change that caused me grief but I think I solved it. When the tool change started the unclamp/clamp procedure it would sometimes BOUNCE the outputs for the unclamp and fault out the m6 command. I monitored the inputs and noticed the ZERO speed input was flickering on and off during a change. OrientComplete never went red. I could darn near just tap the spindle and watch the zero speed in light bounce.
That input was just too sensitive and nothing I tried to make the orient hold tighter seemed to help. Even just coming in to the tangs and bumping the spindle ever so slighty would bounce the zero speed. Only way I could make it work was to change the zero speed output signal on the Yaskawa A1000 drive to a DRIVE READY. Not sure if the zero speed feedback affects anything else but its working.. Note : When it faulted and stopped the Only way to get the CAROUSEL back OUT was power down the control board and start over. E STOP and Reset did nothing. Hopefully I can live with that. Still confused why ATC F7 Does nada though.. Maybe thats for a different thread ? Thanks for all the help so far !!!
Guy
Titleiiarms
Dilliner, PA
ashesman

Post by ashesman »

Good stuff. At least some progress is being made.

There should be a setting in the drive to adjust what RPM is zero speed. Technically orient is never zero speed as it is always going back and forward a small amount.

As for the carousel staying out, that was what I mentioned about the change. The other option is to have it always go back out on a reset but that means it would move after estop is pressed which could be dangerous. Ideally once you get it set up right, you should not really have faults mid tool change. You could probably just do a tool change or issue the M code from the mdi to get it back rather than a full restart.

I have a nagging feeling there could be a machine parameter related to that F7 button. Search for ATC on the manual and look at every entry. There are little notes everywhere.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

You should be able to retract the carousel using M81 in MDI.

You have to press and hold the "Aux14" key -- that is the blank blue key, right-most in the coolant row -- while you open the MDI prompt, enter "M81", and press Start.