HGIGEO
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

"No Signal" Message

Post by HGIGEO »

I’m getting a “no signal” message on my computer screen when I turn on the main power (red) switch at the back of the panel enclosure. The cooling fan for the enclosure starts up. The fan for the power supply and the fan for the computer do not turn on. I have power to the plug that goes into the power supply and I checked the power supply switch. Switch was fine so I thought it must be a bad power supply, so I changed that out and it didn’t solve the problem. I tried a different monitor and keyboard and even tried connecting the keyboard direct into the computer instead of going thru the cable. I have checked all of the cable connections. Last time I used the mill I had no issues.

I read on a blog for Centroid that someone had a similar problem and replaced the motherboard to solve it. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Centroid_Liviu
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes

Re: "No Signal" Message

Post by Centroid_Liviu »

It sounds like the motherboard is not booting. If the screen is showing anything on the display at all, it indicates that the PC power supply is working.

What probably happened is the CMOS battery on the MB died and it lost the setting to boot on power up. if the fan on the CPU of the motherboard is not spinning, it's likely that the battery died on the MB. Follow the attached instructions to manually boot the motherboard. If it boots, replace the battery and set the BIOS settings as indicated in the instructions.
Attachments
MSI K9VGM-V Battery.pdf
(77.62 KiB) Downloaded 258 times
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. https://www.viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
HGIGEO

Post by HGIGEO »

My motherboard is different than the detail that you sent. Attached is a detail of my motherboard I found on the internet. In order to manually reboot the MB, do I just short the two pins on the left (with screwdriver) where it says PWR_LED? Can you tell me the BIOS settings?

Thanks
HGIGEO

Post by HGIGEO »

My motherboard is different than the detail that you sent. Attached is a detail of my motherboard I found on the internet. In order to manually reboot the MB, do I just short the two pins on the left (with screwdriver) where it says PWR_LED? Can you tell me the BIOS settings?

Thanks
Attachments
motherboard layout.pdf
(71.83 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
Centroid_Liviu
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes

Post by Centroid_Liviu »

The two pins should be located as part of the F_PANEL section. Underneath the pins should be a description of what they are. It should be called something like PWR or PWR Switch. If you short the wrong pins there, nothing should happen (other jumpers control things like the hard drive led or reset switch). This Technical Bulletin has the bios settings for that particular motherboard.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. https://www.viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)
HGIGEO

Post by HGIGEO »

Got it. I am now back up and running. Thanks so much for the excellent advice.