CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Seperate VCP Monitor

Post by Titleiiarms »

VCP Dual Screen sized.png
Hi all, In the middle of a Centroid Oak conversion on a old VMC and wanted to keep the original heavy duty console/mount . I had a High Brightness 1000 nit 15" touch screen panel that fit nicely but it was not a wide screen display and I knew I would lose the VCP option. But I still wanted the bigger "Normal" display area for the Centroid software in the 15" area I had to work with without shrinking it to fit in the VCP as well. I plan on having a lot of the normal functions hard wired to switches on the front of the console using the PLCadd boards but still thought it would be cool to try and make a 2nd mini monitor work as a VCP panel and customize the buttons as I go. I wanted it to be portable for quick movement or be able to mount it anywhere with a bracket or magnet like the Centroid Operator control panel. Im sure its been done many times but I never did find a picture of the setup I was wanting and what was used so I thought I would post what i came u with so far. It took some playing with the different resolution settings and Windows Dual screen settings but it ended up working nice. The smaller display is a very thin MIMO 7" Resistive touch screen and uses only ONE thin usb cable for power/video/touchscreen so its very easy to move around. Once the VCP software was slid over to the small screen/rotated and sized it works perfect everytime after that when starting up. Both touchscreens work great and and the VCP panel can be stuck anywhere.
Guy
Titleiiarms
Dilliner, PA
ashesman
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Seperate VCP Monitor

Post by ashesman »

Nice...

Make sure you plan out the functions you wish to have on control panel physical buttons. Not everything can be controlled through the PLC. There are some workarounds and obscure ways to do some things too.