Hello, my name is Greg I am new to the forum as you can tell

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

gpcdiver
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: M400 S SERIAL #20107 SYSTEM I. D. # 1031031091 V 2.36
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Hello, my name is Greg I am new to the forum as you can tell

Post by gpcdiver »

I am looking for someone that has a M400 controller like mine that would be willing to help me learn to input drilling cycles
I have an aluminum block 1/2" thick 1 1/2" X 1 1/2" Sq. I would like to use a center drill Tool # 1 to start a drill path at -X.75 y.25
Z-.2 then a tool change to Tool # 2 drill chuck w/ 3/16' bit to drill to depth of -1.6" same center, then tool change to Tool # 3 a 7/16" 4 flute end mill, same center to cut -3/16" counter sink for the head of a 3/16' x 3" molly bolt, end program .

Simple right? HaHaHa that is if you know what you are doing, please help new beginner going down need help big time thank you thank you
:?
gpcdiver
CNC Control System Serial Number: M400 S SERIAL #20107 SYSTEM I. D. # 1031031091 V 2.36
CNC12: No

Re: Hello, my name is Greg I am new to the forum as you can tell

Post by gpcdiver »

i should say i can home the machine and set the X, Y, and Z to start also in can goo to Intercon (ICN) and start a new file and choose the cycle, after that the input starts and i get lost once again please help and thank you thank you :?
ashesman
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC12: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by ashesman »

Best thing would be to work through all the manuals from start to finish. Then ask specific questions about an exact problem you are trying to solve. Maybe even put up pictures or a file. There are heaps of super experienced guys on this forum that will be able to help.

The problem you mentioned could be done through G code programming, intercon or using a CAM software.

Probably the first thing you are going to need to do is set up your tools and their length offsets. Then you will need to set up your work offset, the location of your block of metal in the machine. Then start simple, get the center drill operation working. Do it with no metal or vice in the machine or a block of foam so you can test your program without a crash.

There are a heap of videos on youtube about the generic parts of setting up a CNC machine with tool lenghts, work offsets and so forth. After you understand those things, then you can set up your machine ready to run a program.

You can use Intercon to make the program you want by adding the three drilling cycle steps.
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Mill Operator's manual has great information and exercises on using Intercon.
Dig in....
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ