Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A50191
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC12: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

first cnc rebuild dc3io

Post by Codythecreator »

Hey guys, so about a moth ago I came across a hurco sm1 with the dc3io plc with the cpu10 and jog pendant on craigslist for an amazing deal. the reason it was such a good price was because the person selling it wasnt sure if it ran as it was his fathers work in progress. So i got it home and have been going through it with a fine toothed comb to make sure everything was done correctly(at least to my bare minimum knowledge of cnc machines) which brings us up to speed on why im here. The vfd that came with the mill is a hitachi sj200, and from what I gather is a fairly decent vfd. With that inverter installed, the e-stop contactor functioned as normal, so everything was on and working, but for the life of me couldnt get the drive to communicate with the plc (as mentioned before, this is my first time ever trying to build a cnc). But I was continuously throwing a 404 spindle fault alarm and a 428 mpg cable alarm. After some time fiddling with it trying to get the drive to communicate with the plc, i decided to try a different drive to see if it was in inverter issue. Well after installing the new drive and programming it to the best of my abilities, it got rid of the spindle fault alarm, but now has a 436 serve drive shutdown alarm as well as the mpg fault Ive read every manual i could find front to back multiple times and just cant seem to track down the cause for these faults. So im hoping some a lot smarter than myself on here might know what the cause is and maybe help explain how I should set up the drive (for sinking or sourcing) and just make sure i am doing things right. So any help would be greatly appreciated and I thank you in advance. so this is the report for my machine, i hope all the required info is here, if not ill add what i missed.
Attachments
report.zip
(51.19 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
report.txt
(89.36 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
eng199
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes

Re: first cnc rebuild dc3io

Post by eng199 »

There are some odd messages on 7-19-2021 that do not apply to your type of system. I will assume you resolved whatever was causing that.

Do you have an MPG? It is normal for that control to complain if you do not have an MPG (MPG Offline, 428 Check MPG cable). Ignore these messages unless you are trying to get the MPG to work.

436 Servo drive shutdown, 401 PLC failure detected, and 422 Check Jog Panel cable are all in the message log. This indicates that basically nothing is working. On the other hand it, sounds like sometimes the system is somewhat working. I would start by checking for intermittent power connections since they could cause a wide range of issues as shown in the report.

Some pictures of the electrical cabinet wiring would help give a better idea what we are dealing with.
Codythecreator
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A50191
CNC12: No
CNC11: No

Re: first cnc rebuild dc3io

Post by Codythecreator »

Sure I’ll post a few right now to my original post. Strange that you mention intermittent power connections. Not 5 minutes ago, I was working on a separate project not related to the mill in any way and for the first time since I wired the new vfd, the e-stop contractor randomly clicked 2 or 3 times very rapidly and is now holding in the closed position I was probably 10’ away from the mill but could hear the contractor switching on and off