Allin1DC bench test issue

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

Hirezbill
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: (0008DC111213-1029202490) This system was recently purchased. Machine belongs to Total Tool, 1117 W Grant St. Tucson, AZ 85705. I am Bill Behnke with Hi-Rez Technology Services, LLC: I'm doing Total Tool's service work since Dwayne @ Elrod Machine left the business.
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Allin1DC bench test issue

Post by Hirezbill »

Sys id: 0008DC111213-1029202490

Repaired PC/control and an new Allin1DC kit provided to customer. Customer says they had a "control motherboard failure". Centroid installed a new NUC PC in the customers control/jog panel case, and supplied the Allin1DC to replace their existing DC3IOB. New control & Allin1DC have been rewired into customers mill to match the provided schematic. Axis homes, software limits and limit switches have been set, axis (X, Y & Z) drives have been tuned, and the machine passes the system test.

However, when running spindlebenchtest.CNC, the observed voltages are far out of range: I'm getting 3.23 VDC at 500 RPM. Spindle max speed is set at 3000 RPM, parameter 35 set to 4. system is running a Yaskawa GPD 315/7S VFD. VFD Parameter n004 is set to use 0-10 VDC. Connected entire system to the mill, and observed spindle speeds reflect observed voltages.

I'm wondering if there is an issue with the spindle DAC DIP switch settings, or the settings of the pots on either side of the switch or some other fault in the spindle control circuit. The existing machine was in service and there were no spindle speed issues at the time of failure. Customer informs me that Centroid was able to recover the control parameters and load them into the new system.

If you need further information, I can return to the customer site (Customer is in Tucson & I'm based 125 miles away)

Thanks for your assistance!

Bill Behnke, Hi-Rez Tech Services LLC
cncsnw

Re: Allin1DC bench test issue

Post by cncsnw »

Do you know whether it was in high range or low range?

Do you know whether the PLC thought it was in high range or low range?

Without a Report, we cannot look at the PLC program or parameters. It is likely that the PLC program expects a low-range switch on either INP12 or INP13, and that if that input is closed, then the PLC program will look at Parameter 65 to decide how much faster to turn the motor in order to provide the requested spindle speed.

If you had a Report, we could verify the high range maximum of 3000 RPM (just be be sure there was no confusion or miscommunication), and we could look at Parameter 65. It is possible that CNC12 also looks at Parameter 33 (though it really should not).

You could ask the customer to pull a report and e-mail it to you, or post it here themselves. That would save you 250 miles of driving for a trivial task.
See http://www.cncsnw.com/report.htm