Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: A901029
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Actualizacion EMCO VCM 300

Post by Oscar6 »

Hello again, I have spent another little time on this project and I have been doing some tests with the tool changer and I have managed to make some tool changes but giving commands to my delta drive externally and it seems to work, now I would have to make some program so that the software is in charge of doing the work. What would you need for this to work automatically.
ashesman
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by ashesman »

What sort of commands have you been making the delta drive do? You can control almost anything with a PLC program. Usually it would start by writing your own M6 g code macro. This can set PLC flags that can be used to control IO pins. The built in Centroid carousel stuff does tool changes by sending commands to rotate the drum in specific directions. Maybe you can utilise some of that.

To be helpful, I would really need to understand the exact sequence of events that has to happen on all the parts during a tool change.

In regards to disabling and enabling limits, you can do that in your M6 macro. Can disable the upper z limit during tool change then reenable it at the end. I do that on my machine as it goes out of bounds on y during tool change.
Houseman303
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A901313

Post by Houseman303 »

Oscar6

Post by Oscar6 »

ashesman wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:14 pm What sort of commands have you been making the delta drive do? You can control almost anything with a PLC program. Usually it would start by writing your own M6 g code macro. This can set PLC flags that can be used to control IO pins. The built in Centroid carousel stuff does tool changes by sending commands to rotate the drum in specific directions. Maybe you can utilise some of that.

To be helpful, I would really need to understand the exact sequence of events that has to happen on all the parts during a tool change.

In regards to disabling and enabling limits, you can do that in your M6 macro. Can disable the upper z limit during tool change then reenable it at the end. I do that on my machine as it goes out of bounds on y during tool change.
Watch this video, here you can see a sequence of the tool change, I have simulated it with some puldators and it seems to work, the air blowing is missing and something else. This could be done with a macro.
Attachments
Video_2024_01_17_23_54_23.mp4
(4.99 MiB) Downloaded 45 times
ashesman

Post by ashesman »

Thanks for sharing the video. I still don't know much about how that mechanically works and what inputs/outputs are involved.

Looks to me that whatever you are doing with those buttons needs to be done by the controller. So a good place to start would be to wire them to the controller and write some PLC code to drive them if there isn't a function already in there for them. Set them up to be controlled by custom M codes so you can call them from your M6 g code macro.

There are examples in the PLC code of how to create a custom M code that drives an output.

You can also write the state of inputs to memory bits that you can read in your g code.
Oscar6

Post by Oscar6 »

ashesman wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:43 pm Thanks for sharing the video. I still don't know much about how that mechanically works and what inputs/outputs are involved.

Looks to me that whatever you are doing with those buttons needs to be done by the controller. So a good place to start would be to wire them to the controller and write some PLC code to drive them if there isn't a function already in there for them. Set them up to be controlled by custom M codes so you can call them from your M6 g code macro.

There are examples in the PLC code of how to create a custom M code that drives an output.

You can also write the state of inputs to memory bits that you can read in your g code.
The buttons are connected to the delta 2000 drive, one is responsible for putting the spindle in position mode, another orients the tool as home, the other four buttons create a binary number and each binary number is a tool position, and the last button confirms the binary number to position the tool drum, the unloading and loading of the tool is done by raising and lowering the z axis
Oscar6

Post by Oscar6 »

Oscar6 wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:02 pm
ashesman wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 8:43 pm Thanks for sharing the video. I still don't know much about how that mechanically works and what inputs/outputs are involved.

The buttons are connected to the delta 2000 drive, one is responsible for putting the spindle in position mode, another orients the tool as home, the other four buttons create a binary number and each binary number is a tool position, and the last button confirms the binary number to position the tool drum, the unloading and loading of the tool is done by raising and lowering the z axis
Anyway, I am trying to contact Marc to get a quote and program a personalized plc, I am not able to do it, better someone experienced, I think it will be the best.
ashesman

Post by ashesman »

Ok, your call on that one. But he will require all the inputs wired and a list of the wiring locations.

Something tells me that one of the centroid examples is already set up to do a binary code tool changer.
Oscar6

Post by Oscar6 »

ashesman wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 9:38 pm Ok, your call on that one. But he will require all the inputs wired and a list of the wiring locations.

Something tells me that one of the centroid examples is already set up to do a binary code tool changer.
Hello, where could I find the example you are talking about, I could see if I can do some testing.

I have a standard plc installed, I would have to install another one and which one would I have to install.
ashesman

Post by ashesman »

It's been a long time since I had to choose a PLC program but from memory they are all available inside the CNC12 installer zip.