Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: A901029
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Actualizacion EMCO VCM 300

Post by Oscar6 »

martyscncgarage wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:32 pm Follow what the manufacturer used. I could see a larger motor on the Z axis not being counter balanced and the weight of that tool changer.

Your X/Y were only .48KW You are TRIPLING that.

I did a large FADAL Bed mill and it didn't have a 1.5kw motor on the Z un counter balanced.
Hope your XY ballscrews are large diameter. Hate to see you break something.....

Your machine, do what you feel is best. We are here to offer suggestions. It is your personal decision what you choose to do with your build.

Marty
Hi Marty, I already said that I do not understand much about engines, I do not know if I have to look at both the kW or the Nm, I just have no idea, you have more experience than me, the RPM will not exceed 3000 RPM like factory motors, if it were your machine which motors would you put from the list above. Thanks
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

martyscncgarage wrote:Your X/Y were only .48KW You are TRIPLING that.
I don't see how going from 480W and 1.7Nm, to 1kW and 3.18Nm, is tripling anything.

It is more important to compare torque than power.
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

cncsnw wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:23 pm
I don't see how going from 480W and 1.7Nm, to 1kW and 3.18Nm, is tripling anything.

I stand corrected Marc. He his doubling the wattage on X/Y.
The machine is not a very large machine.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
Oscar6
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by Oscar6 »

martyscncgarage wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:30 pm

I stand corrected Marc. He his doubling the wattage on X/Y.
The machine is not a very large machine.

Marty
Hello again, let's see if I get rid of so many doubts, then it will be enough to use a 750w motor for and 2.39 Nm and I still have the margin of not falling short, then it would be the best. Thanks
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

What is your recommendation for this particular machine Marc? He has pictures toward the beginning. Do you recommend keeping similar sized/type motors(power/torque)? How would do you proceed on one of your conversions when you need to replace motors and drives? As I mentioned, I tend to stay close to what the machine was designed with.

Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
ashesman

Post by ashesman »

As Marty says, no point in over sizing them. 0.75kw seems to be pretty standard these days. The bigger motors dont generally have enough torque to any damage on a stall Just don't go trying to run speeds and accelerations too far beyond the machine design.

Maybe weigh the z axis motor when you change it. You may need to correct the balance weight if it has one. Make sure to put a braked motor on z if it needs one. 1.5kW on Z should be Ok. Probably budget for a brake resistor on z but you may not need one.
Oscar6

Post by Oscar6 »

Hello again, I think I was going to spend a bit with the 1kw motors but it was for fear of falling short, in my land there is a saying that says (it is better than missing) but it is clear that three people think more than one, so in the end I will take the advice to mount motors smaller than 1kw, I will mount the 750w ones, which are still a little more powerful than the factory ones but if the electronics are capable of controlling speeds and accelerations I don't think that has problems, I put a photo with the speed data of the axes of this machine. Thank you all for helping me in this project, which in the end will surely go very well.
datos avances.jpg
Oscar6

Post by Oscar6 »

Hello again, after the last inquiries about the engines for my machine, I have been thinking a lot about my head and studying a little, as Marty says the ideal would be to put engines identical in characteristics to the originals and it is clear that it would be the right thing to do. better, but I will not be able to get them identical, in the end I will decide on the delta controller (asd-b2-1021-b) motor (ECMA-C21010-RS) for the z, and the delta controller (asd-b2 -0721-b) motor (ECMA-C20907-RS) for x / y, I will try with this to see how they go, I could also play with the relationship between the motor pulleys and the shaft, in the worst case. Another thing that I think I have solved is the positioning of the spindle for each tool change, The variator can position the spindle in 15 positions only using 4 pins, I put a photo of the combination of the pins.
TABLA CONTACTO VELOCIDADDES2.jpg
Then the drive pins would be used to position the tool and the tool changer sensors to confirm the correct position. With a well configured PLC I think it would work fine. This week I will start to adapt the control console and prepare the pc, to see how the plc works and if I can do something. Thanks
ashesman

Post by ashesman »

Can you please remind me what spindle drive you are using? I need to buy another.

Dont worry about slightly over sizing your motors. The acceleration and speed is determined by the oak. A good drive will allow setting maximum current and in effect maximum torque so all will be ok. Better than undersized and keep hitting the limits and have to run the machine slow!
Oscar6

Post by Oscar6 »

ashesman wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:29 pm Can you please remind me what spindle drive you are using? I need to buy another.

Dont worry about slightly over sizing your motors. The acceleration and speed is determined by the oak. A good drive will allow setting maximum current and in effect maximum torque so all will be ok. Better than undersized and keep hitting the limits and have to run the machine slow!
Hello again, thanks for the help, the drive is (Delta c2000 plus) I have not finished studying it completely because of the language of the manual which is in English, but it seems very good and does many things. Thanks again.