Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Actualizacion EMCO VCM 300

Post by ashesman »

You need to enable the active braking. Otherwise it defaults to internal braking. Putting a DC multimeter across the resistor wires during a braking cycle will tell you if it is dumping into the resistor. Use a meter with 1000V DC rating. Install it where you dont need to be holding it in place. Be careful, those voltage levels on that drive can kill you.

Watching the DC bus voltage in the drive also tells you how effective the braking resistor is. You can graph it in real time.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Oscar6 wrote:my inverter is vfd150c43a-21, it has an output configuration of 230V at 272HZ, 7.5KW for the spindle motor
I missed that detail.
VFD150C43A-21 is a 460V drive. Is that the correct model number for your unit?
What input service voltage do you have connected to it?
What is the voltage rating of your motor?
Oscar6
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A901029

Post by Oscar6 »

Tomorrow I will do those tests that you tell me with the tester, I think I have wrong parameters, I have read the parameters involved in braking several times and I don't understand them very well, I don't know how to deactivate the internal brake.
Oscar6

Post by Oscar6 »

cncsnw wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:48 pm
Oscar6 wrote:my inverter is vfd150c43a-21, it has an output configuration of 230V at 272HZ, 7.5KW for the spindle motor
I missed that detail.
VFD150C43A-21 is a 460V drive. Is that the correct model number for your unit?
What input service voltage do you have connected to it?
What is the voltage rating of your motor?
VFD150C43A-21 is my drive, the input current is 380v three-phase, the output is configured at the motor voltage 230v and 7.5kw.
ashesman

Post by ashesman »

In the manual you will need to refer to settings PR 06-01 to 06-05. Also PR 07-00 to PR 07-04. Search "braking", "brake" and "decel" in the manual. PR 01-12 and 01-13 set the accel and decel times. I use 0.35s but my motor is smaller. 3s is a good starting point, then go down. Default is 10s.

You can open that file I sent in Delta VFDSoft by going to parameters and then open. It highlights all the setting I changed from default (plus some the drive changes itself)
Oscar6

Post by Oscar6 »

Ok thanks, I'll try to read the manual again to see if I can understand something.
Oscar6

Post by Oscar6 »

There is something I don't understand, if my variator is capable of handling a 15kw motor at 400v and can brake it in 10 seconds without a braking resistor, because with my motor, which is almost half of what it could handle, it cannot brake it. half the time from its maximum speed.
ashesman

Post by ashesman »

10 seconds is the default value. I think it is the time to go from rated rpm to zero.

Are you sure the VFD is configured correctly for your motor? Does the motor do the same RPM as the VFD shows? Settings things like the number of poles incorrectly would cause a major issue.

Are you sure that you havent set up the drive to freewheel when it is stopped?

There is no guarantee a drive that size can slow a motor in 10 seconds. Especially if it has huge inertia. It will over volt fault if it cant. But in practice that drive, with a resistor should be able to pull the motor up pretty fast.

I suggest you go through all the settings in your VFD and compare with the file I sent. Obviously some need to be different for my motor, but others are generic.

Using VFD soft you can watch signals from the VFD in real time to see things like DC bus volts.
Oscar6

Post by Oscar6 »

Hello, the configuration of the motor in the variator was already discussed in this same thread and I think it is correct, in any case I will review the parameters again, the motor revs up very quickly and does not give any errors, there are only problems if I want to brake Very quickly, I think what you need to know is how long the motor can stop without resistance from 8000 rpm to 0 rpm, what would be the recommended value for this variator and this motor.
ashesman

Post by ashesman »

There is no recommended value. It depends on the motor and drive. But, if you cant even get down to 10 seconds then something needs sorting.

I think it's time to show the actual fault you are having and what is going on in practice. Use VFD soft to record some traces of the motor current, RPM and DC volts. I am flying blind here just suggesting random things.

My drive stops the motor in 0.35s from 6000 RPM. So it is possible to achieve fast deceleration. A biggerer motor at higher rpm will be slower.