Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Actualizacion EMCO VCM 300

Post by ashesman »

It's just three sets of motor ratings. You could use any of them. You could use the lower frequency data for the rated values and set max frequency to the highest. But using the upper set if you intend to run it at the upper range is probably most accurate.

Your problem is over current error during braking. So, as I have mentioned many times before, you need to diagnose this by watching the motor current during deceleration and see if it is exceeding any limit setting or a drive maximum. The easiest way to do this is using the pc software.

Of course, if the drive is misconfigured then you could also have some problems, but if you are getting fast acceleration, accurate speed control and good load performance then it is probably set up correctly.
Oscar6
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A901029

Post by Oscar6 »

ashesman wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:52 pm It's just three sets of motor ratings. You could use any of them. You could use the lower frequency data for the rated values and set max frequency to the highest. But using the upper set if you intend to run it at the upper range is probably most accurate.

Your problem is over current error during braking. So, as I have mentioned many times before, you need to diagnose this by watching the motor current during deceleration and see if it is exceeding any limit setting or a drive maximum. The easiest way to do this is using the pc software.

Of course, if the drive is misconfigured then you could also have some problems, but if you are getting fast acceleration, accurate speed control and good load performance then it is probably set up correctly.
Ok, I'm not going to investigate further until I connect to a PC for diagnostics, tomorrow they will give me a USB to RS485 adapter, is there a link to make that cable for RJ45, where I can get the software.
ashesman

Post by ashesman »

Download for free from the delta website.

Note that some of those rs-485 cables require resistors to be wired between 5v/gnd and the a/b signals. Check the manual for the adapter you get.
Oscar6

Post by Oscar6 »

ashesman wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:57 pm Download for free from the delta website.

Note that some of those rs-485 cables require resistors to be wired between 5v/gnd and the a/b signals. Check the manual for the adapter you get.
The adapter they will give me has 4 outputs, gnd, 5v, trx+, trx-. Which RJ45 pins should I connect them to?
ashesman

Post by ashesman »

Look in the C2000 manual, it has a picture. You only need to co next + and -. Its not a bad idea to also connect gnd but 5v is not required.
Oscar6

Post by Oscar6 »

ashesman wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:46 pm Look in the C2000 manual, it has a picture. You only need to co next + and -. Its not a bad idea to also connect gnd but 5v is not required.
I have seen a photo of the RJ45 connector but there are duplicate signals, 3 and 6 ground and 4 and 5 sg+, I have to duplicate them also on the RS485 output.
ashesman

Post by ashesman »

They often have duplicate signals to allow daisy chaining or fitting a terminating resistor. You should only need to connect up one of each signal. I will try to remember to find my cable tonight and send wiring.
ashesman

Post by ashesman »

I found a picture from when I made my cable and a photo of my cable. Don't laugh at my wiring, I made it in a hurry one night!

The heatshrink contains resistors required to bias the RS-485 driver. Some cables need them and some have them built in. For example older FTDI drivers (very commonly used) require 750 Ohm resistors between + and 5V, and between - and Gnd.
20240318_190003.jpg
20240318_185900.jpg
Oscar6

Post by Oscar6 »

ashesman wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:26 am I found a picture from when I made my cable and a photo of my cable. Don't laugh at my wiring, I made it in a hurry one night!

The heatshrink contains resistors required to bias the RS-485 driver. Some cables need them and some have them built in. For example older FTDI drivers (very commonly used) require 750 Ohm resistors between + and 5V, and between - and Gnd.
20240318_190003.jpg
20240318_185900.jpg
Hello, I'm not laughing at your cable, if it works it's fine. I'll make the connections and try to see what happens, thanks for the information.