DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Actualizacion EMCO VCM 300

Post by Oscar6 »

ashesman wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:48 pm
martyscncgarage wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:49 am From Baumuller:
"“VDOK Motors are very old and discontinued for a long time. This motor is asynchronous motor equipped with incremental encoder and analog tach generator. This motor used to be driven by old analog active power units and drive BUC/BUH 4. It is possible to drive this motor with digital drive using the incremental encoder if the encoder is good or can be found. “
Nice work Marty. So it's an induction motor. All good to set it up and make it go now!
Good Ashesman, if the motor is induction it will give less problems for the configuration, I will try to translate the data from the motor manual to have what I can do. And I will be commenting, this weekend I will do some test. Thanks
ashesman
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by ashesman »

If page 61 is the correct one for your encoder then U0 is Z, U1 is A and U2 is B. Connect 5V and Ground and the six encoder wires. If your direction of rotation you measure is wrong then swap the A wires. Although most drives have a function to swap direction of the encoder RPM.

Get it working in open loop first, then connect encoder and check RPM and direction is correct. Then go to closed loop mode.
tblough
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192

Post by tblough »

ashesman wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:59 pm ...If your direction of rotation you measure is wrong then swap the A wires...
Swap the A wires with the B wires.
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
ashesman

Post by ashesman »

tblough wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:24 pm
ashesman wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:59 pm ...If your direction of rotation you measure is wrong then swap the A wires...
Swap the A wires with the B wires.
Or just swap either of the wires in a pair, the result will e the same electrically.
Oscar6
CNC Control System Serial Number: A901029

Post by Oscar6 »

ashesman wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:59 pm If page 61 is the correct one for your encoder then U0 is Z, U1 is A and U2 is B. Connect 5V and Ground and the six encoder wires. If your direction of rotation you measure is wrong then swap the A wires. Although most drives have a function to swap direction of the encoder RPM.

Get it working in open loop first, then connect encoder and check RPM and direction is correct. Then go to closed loop mode.
Good, that's what I'll do over the weekend, I had it more or less clear about the encoder, anyway I had planned to measure the signals first with the oscilloscope, I also had an image of a manufacturer's encoder, it seems that it has the same color of cables and pin location, but I think this will be the least complicated to find out. I will tell you something when doing the tests. Thanks again
dg 60.jpg
Oscar6

Post by Oscar6 »

Hi, at the end this weekend I have only been able to dedicate 2 hours to this project, I have managed to make the motor rotate in induction mode and with encoder, and the truth is that it seems that now if it sounds very fine, install the ecm-pg01l card which is the encoder and connect the cables, the drive has a very extensive configuration and there are things that I don't understand, I have to translate the drive manual and study it, I managed to make very slow stops with the position orientation option, but they weren't always the same, I do not know if I am putting any data wrong, the encoder is 1024 and so the motor turns very well, when I change this data the motor worsens, so I assume that the value 1024 is correct, the inverter screen shows See at all times the position of the motor and the shrink, I have not been able to make measurements with the oscilloscope, which is the next thing I will do, I wanted to know if I can do the measurements of the encoder phases with the drive running or do I have to do them with the motor to paid out. I don't know what you think.I have also read a detail in the drive manual and there are two possible connections for my encoder card, I have connected it like this image.
line drive.png
I don't know if it will be correct for this encoder or I could try the second image.
open collector.png
ecm-pg01l.png
ashesman

Post by ashesman »

You need to connect like the first image as you have differential signals. The number of encoder counts is not a setting you try different values for. It needs to be correct.

Dont rush to try get orientation working. Get the motor control sorted properly first. Once it is all set up and tuned then worry about position control.

The drive should tell you the rpm the encoder is reading, it must match the exact rpm the motor is actually doing at the shaft.

You need to get it to accelerate and do full speed and stop quickly before orient.
Oscar6

Post by Oscar6 »

Ok, what I'll do first is try to tune the engine. I do not know what acceleration time and braking time I have to achieve, I do not know if the variator will be able to brake very fast or I will have to put a brake resistor. Let's see what you can advise me. Another thing, I have been confused with a detail in the tests and it seems that the motor does not rotate at the same speed as the output shaft, there is a belt and two gears of different sizes, the ratio is not 1: 1, I think because that did not position the axis in the same place, I'll see what options the variator gives me and I'll comment on something. Thanks again
ashesman

Post by ashesman »

You won't know about a braking resistor until you try decelerate the motor from full speed. You will need to watch the DC bus voltage during acceleration and make sure it is staying below the limit. The drive will fault if the limit is reached.

If you have a gearbox then you must know the ratio. Especially if the encoder is on the spindle shaft which it should be. The drive will never be able to do closed loop control without knowing the gear ratio. There are usually settings near the encoder settings for gear ratio.

I don't think you should guess at the ratio. It could be something simple like 2:1 or it could be something like 1.33333333333:1. You really need to count the teeth or measure the pulleys.

Once set up, the drive will show spindle shaft rpm and motor control frequency in Hz. Some drives can learn gear ratio with an encoder but that is not ideal with an induction motor as they have some magnetic slip.
Oscar6

Post by Oscar6 »

Good, in the diagrams you can see that there are two encoders, one for the motor and one for the spindle axis, the one I am using now is the motor one. This weekend I will try to locate the second encoder and gears to make the correct configuration. Thanks