Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Actualizacion EMCO VCM 300

Post by ashesman »

I just went through the delta web site for support.

How sure are you that your motor is set up correctly induction/permanent magnet motor and all the parameters are correct. Encoder and resolver all wired correctly and in phase?
Oscar6
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A901029

Post by Oscar6 »

Hello, the configuration of the motor was discussed in this thread and I think everything was clear, anyway I am attaching the motor data, plate data and manual, it is a 4-pole motor with abz 1024 encoder and I have it configured so that Work at 230v, 272hz, 26 amps and 8000rpm as indicated on the plate. What parameters would you change so that this motor would work correctly and brake as quickly as possible with a resistance of 40ohms and 1500w. .
Attachments
IMG_20210704_214952.jpg
BUC-BUH4_eng.pdf
(3.19 MiB) Downloaded 8 times
ashesman

Post by ashesman »

Have you let the drive go through its self tune procedure to characterize the motor? This motor appears to be an induction motor, are you running the drive in induction motor mode?

Honestly, I am going to keep saying it... You need to start diagnosing the problem. There is probably no-one that can magically just tell you the settings for this motor unless they have done one before. It is a grunty motor, but designed for fast accel/decel.

Build yourself a cable to communicate with the drive so you can watch what it is doing.

There is only so much current the drive can handle. If the motor is trying to make more than that during decel because it is being loaded too hard, then the drive will fault. There are some settings you can change around the current that it faults at.
Oscar6

Post by Oscar6 »

Ok, yes I have done an automatic adjustment but with the motor stopped, I have not done a dynamic adjustment because I do not want to remove the spindle belts, in the manual it says for dynamic adjustment of the engine without load. I will try to find a cable. Thanks anyway
Oscar6

Post by Oscar6 »

ashesman wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 4:41 am Have you let the drive go through its self tune procedure to characterize the motor? This motor appears to be an induction motor, are you running the drive in induction motor mode?

Honestly, I am going to keep saying it... You need to start diagnosing the problem. There is probably no-one that can magically just tell you the settings for this motor unless they have done one before. It is a grunty motor, but designed for fast accel/decel.

Build yourself a cable to communicate with the drive so you can watch what it is doing.

There is only so much current the drive can handle. If the motor is trying to make more than that during decel because it is being loaded too hard, then the drive will fault. There are some settings you can change around the current that it faults at.
Hello, I'm still having problems with braking, I need help with parameter 11-00, I don't know how to enter the numbers for each option, they are binary or bit numbers, I don't understand, we have to do an inertia estimation or something like that, that that's all. what I see in document 316. I think I have to configure parameter 11-00, I don't know if it has to do with braking.
Attachments
316.pdf
(873.23 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
tblough
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192

Post by tblough »

Which part of the instructions is giving you problems?

1. Set speed on VFD to 1/3 of rated speed 60Hz = 20Hz
2. Set acceleration/deceleration time 1.5 seconds (01-12, 01-13)
3. Set 11-00 = 2, Inertia auto-tuning
4. View 11-01 during tuning
5. Press forward and reverse until the inertia is stable. Then press stop, tuning is over.
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
Oscar6

Post by Oscar6 »

tblough wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:40 am Which part of the instructions is giving you problems?

1. Set speed on VFD to 1/3 of rated speed 60Hz = 20Hz
2. Set acceleration/deceleration time 1.5 seconds (01-12, 01-13)
3. Set 11-00 = 2, Inertia auto-tuning
4. View 11-01 during tuning
5. Press forward and reverse until the inertia is stable. Then press stop, tuning is over.
Hello, I have many doubts. 1 I have to set 1/3 of 272 hz, but on the drive or centroid control, 3 I have to select 2 but when I enter parameter 11-00 I get something like 0000 h, how can I set a 2 there? ,4 I have to look at 11-01, I have to see a stable number there and if it is not stable how do I go forward or backward, with a key or with the control.
ashesman

Post by ashesman »

I haven't had time to read the instructions.

To convert between decimal, binary and hexadecimal numbers, use windows calculator in programmers mode. There are tons of pages and videos explaining these numbers.

To start/stop your drive for tuning, if you have it set up for remote control, then drive it from centroid. If it's still on manual control, then drive it from the front panel.

If you have the pc software set up, you can drive it from in there too.

Your motor manual had inertia numbers in it, but they dont include the mass of your spindle. But using the one from the manual should give you a minimum value.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

If you want to set bit 1 of parameter 11-00 -- which means to set the parameter to a value of 2 -- and it is displayed as "0000h", then you would change it to display as "0002h".
Oscar6

Post by Oscar6 »

Ok, thanks for the information, tomorrow I will try to solve this configuration problem, I have checked the motor parameters again, on the motor plate there are 3 voltages, 3 speeds, 3 amps, 3 rpm. I have only entered the data for the third voltage. , third amperage and third speed, I don't know why there is so much data on the motor, maybe I have to enter all that data, I don't know and I'm going crazy. I am sure that the original control of the machine used all this data, I don't know whether to try to put the highest values, for example 11kw, 230v, 30A, I don't know if there is a risk, in the motor manual. That is, on this page there are some engine work curves and the kw vary depending on the rpm. I don't know what to do.