Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: A901029
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Actualizacion EMCO VCM 300

Post by Oscar6 »

ashesman wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 2:27 pm It's been a long time since I had to choose a PLC program but from memory they are all available inside the CNC12 installer zip.
Ok I'll look at it, forgive me for bothering you, I wanted to ask you a question because you have a delta s2000 plus variator just like mine, I have problems with the spindle stopping, when I want to stop very quickly it gives me an error, I think I have to put a resistor braking, my motor is 7.5 kw at 230v, could you give me some clue, and some configuration information, I think I saw a video of your machine accelerating and braking very quickly, you also reversed direction very quickly, that is correct. Thank you
ashesman
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none

Post by ashesman »

Can you tell me the error it is generating? It may be over volts on deceleration. If that is the case then a resistor is required. The delya drive can handle a certain amount of load but after that needs a resistor to dump the deceleration energy into. I used a large resistor on mine but probably didnt need it as my motor is only 2kW. There are also some drive settings you need for fast deceleration. I can send my drive config file. I'm not at home at the moment so dont have it.
Oscar6

Post by Oscar6 »

ashesman wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:09 pm Can you tell me the error it is generating? It may be over volts on deceleration. If that is the case then a resistor is required. The delya drive can handle a certain amount of load but after that needs a resistor to dump the deceleration energy into. I used a large resistor on mine but probably didnt need it as my motor is only 2kW. There are also some drive settings you need for fast deceleration. I can send my drive config file. I'm not at home at the moment so dont have it.

Hello, I have doubts about the spindle braking, I want to put a brake resistor but I don't know which one to choose from the table in the manual, my inverter is vfd150c43a-21, it has an output configuration of 230V at 272HZ, 7.5KW for the spindle motor. spindle, I need to configure the spindle braking but I can't get it to be fast, if I configure the automatic deceleration I don't receive errors but the deceleration is slow, I don't know how long it takes to stop my motor from 6000rpm to 0rpm with this variator. You have configured your variator, what parameters did you touch for deceleration.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

This table is from page 7-2 of the Delta C2000+ manual.
DeltaBrakingResistors.png
The VFD150C43A could drive a motor as large as 15kW. In that application they recommend 32 Ohms and 2000 Watts. If even more aggressive braking is required, the drive can tolerate a resistance as low as 26.2 Ohms.

Lower resistance = more braking ability. You can always use a higher resistance than the minimum.

Higher resistance = less braking ability, but allows you to use a smaller and less expensive resistor.

Note that if you were using a VFD075C43A to run a 7.5kW motor, then the recommended resistor would be 75 Ohms and 1000 Watts.

So, anything between 26.2 Ohms and 75 Ohms, with a proportional power capacity in the 1000 to 2000 Watt range, would probably work for you.
ashesman

Post by ashesman »

The table in the manual gives suggestions for resistance values for nominal and fast deceleration. The actual deceleration speed that is achievable depends on the rotating mass of your motor, spindle etc. Generally CNC machines have very low spindle inertia compared to say driving a huge fan or flywheel so can stop quickly.
Screenshot 2024-02-18 095011.png
For a 7.5kW setup they suggest a 20 Ohm resistor, or for fast deceleration a minimum of 14.6 Ohm. I would aim for 20 Ohm to be safe. They suggest a 1000W resistor. The actual power required depends on how often you will be decelerating. I think they base their recommendation on one decel per ten seconds. The actual power delivered during decel could be up to a peak of 5000W, or 10000W for fast decel. Ultimately it comes down to monitoring the temperature of the resistor to make sure it doesn't get too hot. Mine never gets hot al all.

1000W resistors are harder to get but 500W is quite common. You could put two 40 Ohm 500W in parallel to get 20 Ohm 1000W. The Delta part number for their braking resistor is BR1K0W020. Google it and you will find them for sale. https://deltaacdrives.com/delta-braking ... br1k0w020/

There are also plenty of cheaper options available. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006180998077.html

I have attached my C2000 configuration file. I think you can open it in the Delta software and see all the parameters that have been changed.
Attachments
Delta C2000 Spindle Drive Parameters.CSV
(149.25 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Oscar's drive is a 460V model, so the resistance values are higher. That is why I highlighted the lower portion of the table.
ashesman

Post by ashesman »

I just saw "it has an output configuration of 230V at 272HZ, 7.5KW for the spindle motor. spindle" so assumed 230V.

Either way, just choose the resistor that the manual says for the appropriate configuration and it will be all good.
Oscar6

Post by Oscar6 »

Thank you for the quick response, so what would be the best option for me, how long should I brake my engine from 8000 rpm to 0rpm, what would be the correct braking time for a machine of this type. I don't know what braking time I need in this machine so that everything works correctly, I do not have that factory data.
ashesman

Post by ashesman »

The braking time does not need to be excessive. You will be making your own tool change macro. You will be limited in your braking time anyway by motor efficiency, max drive current and resistor heating. I would start at three seconds, then decrease from there if you are not exceeding any ratings.

You should use the spindle stationary signal from the drive to synchronize your tool changing anyway. That way there is no risk of a tool change while the spindle is still rotating.

Remember you wont always be machining at 8000 rpm so decelerate time will be proportionally slower at lower rpm.
Oscar6

Post by Oscar6 »

I have tried braking for 6 seconds from 6000rpm and it is impossible, I have a 1000w 20ohm resistor connected, I imagine that this resistor will not work, or I have wrong parameters.