Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 1030090103
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Some Troubles With Tool Touch Off Device

Post by polaraligned »

I purchased a generic tool touch off device.

Wiring is as per this diagram I found on this forum:
Probe-Touchoff_CablePNG.PNG
The KP-3 uses pin 2 for Vcc, pin 5 for output, 3 for ground and pin 6 for probe detect signal.
My "generic" TT-1 uses pin 2 for Vcc, pin 5 for output, pin 3 for ground and pin 4 for probe detect.
So the only difference is that I am using pin 4 for probe detect (per TT-1 manual) whereas the KP-3 uses pin 6 for the probe detect signal. The signal output pin is the same. Pin 4 is wired in the header right to ground so that when my tool setter is plugged in it is detected.

The parameters I used are from the TT-1 sheet I found on here:
TT1.PNG
The issue is when I go to the Offset Lib and go to auto set Z-Ref (F1). It works and Z goes to the tool setter just fine only if my KP-3 is plugged into the other socket, otherwise I get a "probe not found" error.

When I do an Auto Measure (F3), It does not work if the KP-3 is plugged in and it says that TT-1 is not connected. If I unplug the KP-3, the Auto Measure works just fine with my tool setter.

So it appears that the auto Z-ref (F1) is looking for a probe to be attached, and the Auto Measure (F3) is looking for the TT-1 to be attached without the probe.

I assume that the TT-1 should work all by itself with both Auto Measure and Z-ref auto, but it only works fine by itself in Auto Measure.

I am thinking that one of the parameters is wrong, but the documentation on some of these is clear as mud to me.

Thank you,
Scott
Attachments
report_0008DC111213-1030090103_2021-06-23_16-19-47.zip
(698.03 KiB) Downloaded 79 times
polaraligned
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Re: Some Troubles With Tool Touch Off Device

Post by polaraligned »

Added info:

Inp769 goes active when the KP-3 is tripped.
Inp771 goes active when the KP-3 is plugged in.

Inp769 goes active when the tool touch is tripped.
Inp772 goes active when the tool touch is plugged in.

So the MPU11 is seeing both devices being connected and being tripped. It would seem that I have a setting wrong or it is operator error.

Recap of my issue in above post:

In the Offset Library, doing a Z-Ref (F1) works only if the KP-3 is plugged in along with the tool touch device otherwise I get a "probe not found" error. If the KP-3 is plugged in, the tool goes down to the touch off device and sets the Z reference just fine.

The Auto Measure (F3) works and finds the tool touch fine just by itself without the KP-3 plugged in.

I assume that the TT-1 should work all by itself with both Auto Measure (F3) and auto Z-ref (F1), but it only works fine by itself in Auto Measure. This is in the Offset Library menu of CNC12.
swissi
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 985DADEB24D5-0309180716
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No

Post by swissi »

polaraligned wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:03 am Added info:

Inp769 goes active when the KP-3 is tripped.
Inp771 goes active when the KP-3 is plugged in.

Inp769 goes active when the tool touch is tripped.
Inp772 goes active when the tool touch is plugged in.

So the MPU11 is seeing both devices being connected and being tripped. It would seem that I have a setting wrong or it is operator error.

Recap of my issue in above post:

In the Offset Library, doing a Z-Ref (F1) works only if the KP-3 is plugged in along with the tool touch device otherwise I get a "probe not found" error. If the KP-3 is plugged in, the tool goes down to the touch off device and sets the Z reference just fine.

The Auto Measure (F3) works and finds the tool touch fine just by itself without the KP-3 plugged in.

I assume that the TT-1 should work all by itself with both Auto Measure (F3) and auto Z-ref (F1), but it only works fine by itself in Auto Measure. This is in the Offset Library menu of CNC12.
Look at Parameter 43:

Code: Select all

P43  =     0.00000  - Auto Tool Measurement: Add 1 to Subtract height of TT-1, Add 2 to use TT1 input for setting Z ref Add 4 to get a warning connect TT-1 cable during batch tool measurement
-swissi
If you are using Fusion 360, check out my CNC12 specific Post Processor
If you are using a Touch Probe, Tool Touch Off Device or a Triple Corner Finder Plate, check out my ProbeApp

Contact me at swissi2000@gmail.com
polaraligned
Acorn CNC Controller: No

Post by polaraligned »

Thanks a million Swissi. It is always the obvious that I overlook with this machine....I guess what really threw me was that auto-measure worked for tool lengths but not for auto Z-ref....I should not have assumed that the TT-1 manual was giving me the correct settings to work in my case. I am overworked and need a vacation....