Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 1009182051
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

LUBRICATOR NOT WORKING

Post by compfast »

I have an Allin1DC system on my Bridgeport Mill which is fantastic. I have just discovered the lubricator is not working. I removed it and bench tested it and it seems to work fine both the pump and the low level alarm. I refitted it and checked the wiring to the Allin1DC which seems ok. I disconnected one of the alarm wires (to simulate low level) which initiated a fault so that seems ok. I then checked the lubricator drive motor which was not getting 110vAC but there is power to the Allin1DC relay (OUT 2) so I don’t think the relay is operating ? I did remove the cover plate from the Allin1DC and checked the fuse which is good. Any suggestions ? Thank You. Phil
Attachments
report_1009182051_2021-06-23_16-33-44.zip
(4.97 MiB) Downloaded 84 times
cncsnw

Re: LUBRICATOR NOT WORKING

Post by cncsnw »

Change Parameter 179 to 0.0

Check for power to your lube pump while a program cycle is running, or while the F3/MDI prompt is open.
compfast
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes

Post by compfast »

Great ! Changing Parameter 179 to 0 seems to have done the trick. Was set at 3015 ?? Did I miss something on the install ?
Thanks Phil
tblough
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192
CNC11: No

Post by tblough »

Read the manual on parameter 179. Marc had you test if the control to pump connections were working by turning the pump on all the time. If the pump ran, then the wiring, pump, and control are all working correctly. The value 3015 mean the pump runs for 15 seconds for every 30 minutes of run time. The control accumulates run time whenever it is running a job, or in MDI mode.

If you leave parameter 179 set to 0, the the pump will either run itself dry, overheat, or time out based on the actual settings on the pump.

What exactly makes you think the pump is not working?
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.
compfast

Post by compfast »

I assumed the pump was not working because the lub tank level has not not dropped. I think the pump needs to be ' on' continuously, which does not mean its pumping continuously. Its a clock type motor/gear system with a cam actuating a spring loaded plunger. Currently it operates the plunger about every 10 mins.
I will leave it as it is for now. Hopefully it will now deliver some oil. The feed rate is adjustable on the plunger but presumably I can also regulate by parameter 179. I will look at the detail in the manual.
Thanks again
Phil
polaraligned
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: 1030090103
DC3IOB: Yes

Post by polaraligned »

I assume this is the Bijur cam operated pump based on what you describe.

The original Bridgeport controllers had the lube pump go on only when the spindle was operating. The cam will give it a shot every 15 minutes or so. It is right in the BP manual.

I would leave parameter 179 set to 0 as that is closest to what BP did with the pump. Leaving 179 to 0 powers the pump when running a job or in MDI mode.

And, yes, the lube level is very slow to drop. After years of hobby use I still have 3/4 of a tank. I often lift the lever to manually give my machine a shot of lube.
compfast

Post by compfast »

Yes it is a Bijur. With it being powered only 15seconds every half hour, it was only getting power for a few minutes for a full day operation so maybe one shot per week ! There is still plenty of oil around the machine so no damage done. Have set the cam plunger to max stroke so hopefully will see some oil flow now. Thank You for the assistance. Phil (UK)