Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

How to re-home?

Post by ashesman »

How do you rehome the machine after power up? If a drive faults and you have to cycle the power to them. Doing so loses or gains some steps, so need to re-home after a fault occurs. Not that drive faults should be a regular occurrence, but they are at the moment!

Currently I manually do M92/X M26/X etc... but there must be a re-home button in CNC12 right? If not I gave a go to home button on my jog panel that I could turn to a re-home button I guess.
Sword
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Plasma CNC Controller: No
AcornSix CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Hickory CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No

Re: How to re-home?

Post by Sword »

The "Reset Home" button on the VCP.
Scott
ashesman
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes

Post by ashesman »

Thanks. I dont use the VCP. But i will look into what it does and may be able to reproduce it with the jog panel button.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Re-homing is not normally needed on an Oak system, because most servo amplifiers worth using can be E-stopped and reset without removing logic power, and therefore without losing encoder position. So there was no reason to add a common "re-home" function on such systems. Only open-loop (Acorn) systems have any need to be routinely re-homed.

The usual way to do it is to run the homing macro file. You can do that by calling it with M98. E.g.

Code: Select all

M98 "c:\cncm\cncm.hom"
If you want that on a jog panel button, then you just put that one line in an M function macro file, then assign your chosen M function number to your chosen jog panel button. See Parameters 188 - 199 in the operator's manual.