Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Axis Movement Through .src file

Post by aamir »

Hello
Is there is any way to command axis from .src file?
I need it for control my servo turret or Mill ATC carousal
I don't want to move axis in cncm.m6 or cnct.tch
Thanks
Aamir
ashesman
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: Axis Movement Through .src file

Post by ashesman »

You could make a custom macro file say M20 and trigger it from the PLC source. You can assign a m code to one of the aux key functions (refer to 15.3.115 Parameters 188–199 — Aux Key Functions in the CNC12 manual).

Or you could do it through jog or MPG functions while watching the position. Although I don't know if they can be used while in auto mode.

Maybe there are system variables to control the axis but I couldn't see them.

It seems that trying to move an axis in PLC code is not ideal. You would require many iterations and have to monitor it each loop. The PLC code will not stop executing while an axis moves so it is in the correct position for the next step. A macro file however, will let you step through the movements. M codes can be called from this macro file to trigger PLC actions if required.

I have to move the machine head during a tool change while actuating tool rack pneumatics. It will be done entirely using a macro that calls M codes to do the actual output control and input monitoring.
aamir

Post by aamir »

Ashesman
I am familiar with the Macro
Infact i generate this one

I need now to move axis through PLC or may be use a word W10 and that word may call in macro.

May be there is any new method or update that will directly trigger any axis with in .src file
Aamir
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

As far as I know, there are no new features to allow the PLC program to move servo axes. The options are the same as they have been for the past ten years or so.

If there is never a need to run that motor as a CNC-addressable servo axis, then you could potentially wire it to PLC-controlled outputs, and control it using your own PID loop in the PLC program. I have done this for spindle orientation on perhaps a dozen systems.

In that scenario, I think there is one new feature of interest: I think I read in some recent release notes that there are now PLC system variables or output ranges to control the Oak axis-interface analog values, when (and only when) the axis header is not used for a CNC-controlled axis.
ashesman
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by ashesman »

I just got to watch that video. That conversion looks pretty awesome. Well done. Looks like a fierce machine!

I am sure if you describe in detail exactly what you are trying to achieve someone will be able to come up with an idea...
aamir

Post by aamir »

Its a Trumpf CNC punching machine used in fabrication and sheet metals.
Its ATC is a rack Mount with so many protection of Die punch and stripper.
Aamir