petecul
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Homing - crashing on hard stop!!

Post by petecul »

I've been trying to setup the homing of my machine but it keep going further than the limit switches until the hardstop.

When I jog each axis by the keyboard and hit the limit switches, servos stop and everything is fine. When a limit switch is hit, I can see it on diagnostic display in mach 3. When the machine is running with a program or I try the M92 p11 q12 r13 for homing then servo run until the hard stop....no good at all!

Is anyone out there have seen this problem and can help me out?..It just annoying homing each axis with manual jogging and it's not very good for mechanicals part too.. I guess!

thanks in advance
petecul
diycncscott

Re: Homing - crashing on hard stop!!

Post by diycncscott »

Pete,

Are you using the standard brains that were included for use with your GPIO4D or have they been modified?

What inputs did you wire your limits into? Please be specific for each axis and direction.

Do your axes move in the correct direction?
Have you followed the installation manual for determining direction reversal and checking the wiring of your limit switches?

Just confirming that the LED changes on the screen when a limit is tripped doesn't mean it's been configured to represent the correct direction.

If you have not yet completed the direction reversal and limit switch wiring testing section of the manual, you will see exactly the type of behavior you describe.

From the installation manual:

8.3 Configuring limit switches
Use the escape key to go to the main screen. Confirm
that all axes now move in the correct directions
, if any do not, perform the procedures in
section 8.1 again. When all axes are moving in the correct directions, jog all axes to the
middle of their physical travel. Trip a limit on an axis -if you tripped the + limit, it should only
let you move the opposite (minus). If it lets you move positive while the plus limit is tripped -
your limit is incorrectly wired, switch the + and - limit wires for that axis at the GPIO4D to
correct.