CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: OAK 4x8 Router Build with ATC

Post by JasonPORC »

Blown fuse for the win!

Now I just need to get my microscope out to see the size of it. Ha. I’ll pick some up today at my supply house and proceed.

Thanks!
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

JasonPORC wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:22 pm Blown fuse for the win!

Now I just need to get my microscope out to see the size of it. Ha. I’ll pick some up today at my supply house and proceed.

Thanks!
Its on the cover 2A
You need to find out why you blew the fuse. There is/was a short/overload on the line its controlling
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
JasonPORC
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes

Post by JasonPORC »

martyscncgarage wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:24 pm

Thanks!
Its on the cover 2A
You need to find out why you blew the fuse. There is/was a short/overload on the line its controlling
Thanks Marty. Totally agree. I have a sneaking suspicion I know how it happened. And let’s just say... it was my fault. Shocking I know! Ha ha.
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

JasonPORC wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:27 pm

Thanks!
Its on the cover 2A
Thanks Marty. Totally agree. I have a sneaking suspicion I know how it happened. And let’s just say... it was my fault. Shocking I know! Ha ha.
Good, at least you know the fuse was there to save your OAK board.
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

And for the record Marty. While the install guide is quite helpful, there are several errors and outdated pieces of information in it. I’m making notes as I go so I can share them with others down the road.
For example, any advice that you need to invert INP17, INP18, INP19 or INP20 is long out of date. That would apply only to an MPU11/GPIO4D system with no servo drives connected.

Any advice that you need to invert INP7 and INP8 has always been wrong.
fast92fox
CNC Control System Serial Number: 0008DC111213-0809190835

Post by fast92fox »

Thanks!
Its on the cover 2A
If I understand your labeling and how you wired it up, you blew the fuse from a direct short. Estop and Estop Com are treated as In and Out, a switch more less, it should be a break in the circuit not a point to meet + and -. This Estop circuit is how the Board can control the Estop function and the Estop input on the side is a confirmation of a completed and closed estop circuit, separate and apart from the relay located at the top. Double fail safe. Maybe Im wayyyyy off base.....I came here to look into ATC setup....seen your post and hopefully have been of some help
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

I think what he meant to show is that -- supposing a normal and correct E-stop coil circuit using 24VDC, with the plus side switched through OUT1 and the E-stop button -- he measures 24VDC from OUT1 COM to supply common, and 0VDC from OUT1 to supply common.

That would indicate that the circuit through OUT1 is open, in spite of the green dot on the Alt-i display.
JasonPORC

Post by JasonPORC »

fast92fox wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:11 pm

Its on the cover 2A
If I understand your labeling and how you wired it up, you blew the fuse from a direct short. Estop and Estop Com are treated as In and Out, a switch more less, it should be a break in the circuit not a point to meet + and -. This Estop circuit is how the Board can control the Estop function and the Estop input on the side is a confirmation of a completed and closed estop circuit, separate and apart from the relay located at the top. Double fail safe. Maybe Im wayyyyy off base.....I came here to look into ATC setup....seen your post and hopefully have been of some help
Thanks for chiming in Fast92fox. And welcome to the Centroid forum! The reply directly above from Marc is correct. I was just trying to show that one side of the switch was getting 0vdc when it should have 24v flowing freely.

Sadly, if you’re here the the ATC portion of the build, it’s gunna be a while. My goal this week is to finalize my wiring for the servos and hopefully make the dang thing move! Ha. I’m confident with all the help and experts on here I’ll eventually get the ATC up and running, but that’s a ways off.

Enjoy searching and browsing the forums. The community is incredible! Cheers!
JasonPORC

Post by JasonPORC »

Good Day all! After a couple months off with "life", I'm back on this build and looking for some help. Again.

Attached is both my wiring diagram for the servo drives, and also a fresh report.

I have one servo hooked up to my Oak. No faults on the drive or on with CNC12. BUT... I'm not able to jog the motor with CNC12.

I AM able to jog the motors when I hook up my laptop and use the Mitsubishi Configuration Software. WOO HOO! It's embarrassingly rewarding to see. ha ha

The CNC12 screen shows the encoder position, and it's turning the correct direction when I move the servo from the laptop control.

I'm hoping this is a simple parameter I missed.

Any help is much much much appreciated. I have a very long way to go, but I'm hoping getting Centroid to control the motor will help restore my faith in myself to actually pull this rebuild off.

OH... and if any info is needed about this build, It's likely already linked in this thread. Feel free to scroll up. :)
Attachments
Mitsubishi_Oak servo Hookup - Sheet1.pdf
(64.79 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
report_0008DC111213-0317211111_2021-07-10_14-00-04.zip
(512.03 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

You have Parameter 256 = 1, suggesting you intend to use analog velocity mode. That would be my choice too, starting out.

For that to work, however, you need to have non-zero gains in Kp, Ki and Kd; and ideally have a fairly large value (between 50 and 100) in Kv1.

Try Kp = 0.01, Ki = 0.0005, Kd = 0.01, and Kv1 = 50.