CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: OAK 4x8 Router Build with ATC

Post by JasonPORC »

Thanks Marc!

I’ll give that a try in the morning! Thank you!!!!!
JasonPORC
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes

Post by JasonPORC »

cncsnw wrote: Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:38 pm You have Parameter 256 = 1, suggesting you intend to use analog velocity mode. That would be my choice too, starting out.

For that to work, however, you need to have non-zero gains in Kp, Ki and Kd; and ideally have a fairly large value (between 50 and 100) in Kv1.

Try Kp = 0.01, Ki = 0.0005, Kd = 0.01, and Kv1 = 50.
Thanks for the tip Marc. Sadly. still nothing. I am obviously missing something important.

I'm pretty sure it has to do with the communication or lack there of with the Mitsubishi drives. I am guessing that I've not enabled the drive, or I've got one of the 342,234,234,234 setting wrong. I really about to throw this whole thing in the river and find a new project. Grrrrr.

Anyhow... Can someone shed some light on what I should be seeing on the servo drive when I command the unit to jog? Is there a voltage I can check coming out of OAK that could indicate an issue? Are there certain parameters I should make sure are set correctly on the drive? anything.... any little things to look for I will!

Regardless, I’m going to reach out to Mitsubishi for some additional assistance setting up there drives. Fingers crossed it help.

Thanks again to anyone willing to offer some help.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

Coming out of the Oak, measured relative to +24VDC, the enable line should be high (approximately equal to the +24VDC level, so approximately 0V difference) when the axis is not enabled. As soon as you jog or start a cycle (e.g. F3/MDI) then the enable line should be pulled down to approximately 0VDC (so around -24V from the +24VDC source).

The analog command pair should show a voltage whenever the control is trying to move the axis, ranging from -10V for full-speed reverse, to +10V for full-speed forward. When idle (e.g. not enabled) the analog command voltage should be approximately 0V.

Yes, it seems most likely that the drive is not getting enabled.
The next most likely possibility is that the drive is configured for directional inhibits (overtravel limit switch inputs), and those inputs are open.
JasonPORC
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: Yes

Post by JasonPORC »

Thank you!!!! That’s is all SUPER SUPER SUPER HELPFUL!

I’ve got a call out to Mitsubishi support as well.

Yay! This gives me something to check and one more issue to check off the list.