Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Fadal or Cincinnati retrofit

Post by scottdase »

Good evening friends,
I experienced a shop fire about 3 weeks ago. The days of finding good used 15- 20 yr old machinery is past us. I dont know what these dealers think they have. Nobody in their right mind would pay $18,000 for a 15 yo knee mill with a Dynapath or $26- 30,000 for a 1995 Cincinnati Arrow 500 with the
"advanced A2100 control". I have 4 VMC's in need of an operating system to get me back in operation. Would the Ajax system be a good fit for 4020 Fadals and Arrow 1000's? My customers start getting ADD after one week and I'm pushing 1 month. Can anyone give me any insight before I lose whats left of my retirement just trying to survive?
Thank you for your time
Centroid_Liviu
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Fadal or Cincinnati retrofit

Post by Centroid_Liviu »

Those machines would make good candidates for a Ajax retrofit.

If you are capable of reusing the existing servos and drives then I would recommend our Mill Kit for 3rd Party Drives. This kit is based on our MPU11/GPIO4D setup that is designed to interface with third party drives capable of accepting a -10 to +10 volt signal. A differential quadrature encoder signal (+A,-A,+B,-B,+Z,-Z) is needed by the control for each axis.

Our control/software supports an Automatic Tool Changer with a PLC program already written to take advantage of this. It’s likely that additional I/O beyond the 16in/16out included on the GPIO4D will be needed due to the complexity of your tool changer. A PLCADD1616 is available that adds and additional 16in/16out if needed.

A computer is also required to run the software and interface with the control. You can provide your own, with minimum recommended specs of Windows 7/8, 2 GHz dual core CPU, and 2GB RAM. Or we can provide you with several computer options. The CNC Console in particular, comes complete with jog pendant built in. The Console has USB/Ethernet and comes with Windows 7 pre-installed.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.
When requesting support READ THIS POST first. https://www.viewtopic.php?f=60&t=1043

Please ALWAYS post a FRESH report. To make a report: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ecvg0VJp1oQ.

(We pride ourselves on providing timely solid technical support but, without good information we may not be able to help and/or reply until such information is posted.)