Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: No

ATC with Roller Pin Spindle Orientation

Post by Marik »

Hi Folks,

I have Matsuura MC500 mill retrofitted with Allin1DC and GS4 VFD. Would like to add ATC, but the VFD doesn’t have orientation card. Original ATC worked with activated with electric magnet roller pin, so it would get into indentations in the spindle stopping it at correct position. Is it possible to do it this way with Centroid?

Thanks, M
manni
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No

Re: ATC with Roller Pin Spindle Orientation

Post by manni »

HI,

I just did a Haas vf1 with orientation with shot pin, works on Air and controlled by a solenoid and bought the add on for ATC control.

I just created my own output and assigned the output in the macro file. also on my shot pin the was a limit switch which was wired both way NC/NO.
NC wire I inverted in allin1dc to tell it that when the pin if forward and orientation is complete.
NO wire was all ready wired direct to VFD to stop.

Macro file 19 and 20 needs changing the output and inputs. also a little logic in PLC for output/macro.

ATC add on is worth it if you don't have it as I had no experience in macro or PLC, spending few weeks on Centroid youtube channel for training helped a lot. unable make little changes to my requirement.

I hope it works for you too
Apolo1969#
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by Apolo1969# »

can you share the m6 macro please? my machine is haas vf1 probably same like yours
martyscncgarage
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

manni wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:14 am HI,

I just did a Haas vf1 with orientation with shot pin, works on Air and controlled by a solenoid and bought the add on for ATC control.

I just created my own output and assigned the output in the macro file. also on my shot pin the was a limit switch which was wired both way NC/NO.
NC wire I inverted in allin1dc to tell it that when the pin if forward and orientation is complete.
NO wire was all ready wired direct to VFD to stop.

Macro file 19 and 20 needs changing the output and inputs. also a little logic in PLC for output/macro.

ATC add on is worth it if you don't have it as I had no experience in macro or PLC, spending few weeks on Centroid youtube channel for training helped a lot. unable make little changes to my requirement.

I hope it works for you too
Actually, it would be nice if you posted a report. It will help several others who are undertaking similar conversions.
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
jedmill67
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No

Post by jedmill67 »

Yes please. A report with the M6 & M19 macros for an air actuated shot pin orient would be super helpful. I'm trying to accomplish the same thing right now.