Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

hard wired tool setter

Post by tradin1 »

i called josh today and asked if there was an easy way to have a tool setter hardwired. i want to have it on the table all the time in a set location. he said that he would look into it and get back to me on the forum so i started this thread.

i have the kp3 and the dt02 tool setter off of amazon that i saw people had success with. i tried to hard wire it into the 10 pin connector on the centroid wire harness part # 11211 that came with the kp3. it works great except that the machine thinks that the probe is always plugged in therefore i had to open the cabinet to unplug it which is not ideal in any way.

josh believes there is a way to use a different connection on the Ai1dc and reassign some inputs to leave the TS plugged in all of the time and then plug/unplug the probe when using it.

has anyone figured this out yet?

thx
tblough
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: 100505
7804732B977B-0624192192
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: hard wired tool setter

Post by tblough »

Here's the cable I made for my TT-4 and DP-1B probe and tool setter along with the relevant parameter settings. I keep my tool setter hooked up all the time (although I keep the tool setter off the machine when not using it) and I connect the Lemo connector to the probe only when it's in the spindle.
DP4-TT1 Wiring.PNG
Attachments
DP4-TT1 Parameters.txt
(1.5 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
Cheers,

Tom
Confidence is the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.
I have CDO. It's like OCD, but the letters are where they should be.