Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: S/N 50812044
PLC 1.4
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

New Ajax MPG, machine axis' now oscillate back and forth

Post by M232 »

If setup in Single or Multi-Step, (as seen in the Mach virtual flyout MPG) that is when the machine oscillates back and forth, the movement changes to which ever axis the MPG is set to.
When in Multi-step the machine will run away. This is without touching the hand wheel.

All of the 5 Brain MPGs are Enabled (includes ModIOMPG)

When I switch the MPG from Off to X or any other axis, the led lights up and the virtual Mach MPG via the tab button switches over to MPG.

Settings I have changed with no luck in a properly working MPG:

Mach>Engine Config>MPG#1... Enabled and Non-Enabled, I've also changed the value for the units

Ajax Config> I've changed MPG #1 to 0 and to 1 with no change.

thanks
M232
Allin1DC CNC Controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: S/N 50812044
PLC 1.4
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: New Ajax MPG, machine axis' now oscillate back and forth

Post by M232 »

Resolved.

Combination of me and bad(?) documentation.

My error: I had Enabled the Mach default loaded ModIOMPG.brn , once I unpicked it and rebooted the system no more crazy and unwanted movement.

Now I also had 0 movement once I turned the hand wheel.

The MPG #1 setting in Ajax Config was set at 0 , nobody would tell me what it should be when asked a few times, I happened to see a screen shot of this page in the manual in a section not related to the MPG at all, this sample had "15" in the MPG field. So I added "15" and now it works, not sure if that is correct or not, but I am not complaining right now.