Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Strange error never before seen

Post by cncjeff1 »

Control is an M15, #4476, upgraded with an Aaeon PCM-8152 motherboard. Two weeks ago, I replaced the BIOS battery and added a genuine Aaeon cable to attach a VGA monitor. Since then, there have been errors that I have never seen before, like the one in the attached picture. I noticed a few more in the most recent entries in the Error log. Can anyone explain to me what is happening? Thank You in advance.
Attachments
#4476.jpg
report.zip
(79.5 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
cncsnw

Re: Strange error never before seen

Post by cncsnw »

After changing the battery, did you set the various BIOS selections as recommended in TB114?

If it only happens when processing a particular CNC program, then it might relate to specific configuration settings and to the specific moves in that program.

More likely, if it happens at apparently random times, is that it is a PC reliability issue: something is causing computer memory or instructions to be corrupted. You could try reseating the memory DIMM; cleaning the contacts on the memory DIMM; cleaning any dust and debris off of the motherboard and components; and verifying that the card-edge fan is running and unobstructed.
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Re: Strange error never before seen

Post by martyscncgarage »

Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383