CNC Control System Serial Number: A900979
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Re: ATRUMP E216 Mill Conversion

Post by Jqmce »

Hey guys,
So I went through everything again today. All sensors and inputs check out.
I did note that occasionally I had a position orient lost signal occasionally. I adjusted the VFD settings to give it a slightly larger stopping window and this resolved that error, it did not change my initial fault though and the problem persists. I verified all of the encoder wiring also.

I’m at a loss as to why to check next. I will probably have to get some remote help from Marc or the team at Centroid.

Cheers
Jules
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: No
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Jqmce wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:12 pm Hey guys,
So I went through everything again today. All sensors and inputs check out.
I did note that occasionally I had a position orient lost signal occasionally. I adjusted the VFD settings to give it a slightly larger stopping window and this resolved that error, it did not change my initial fault though and the problem persists. I verified all of the encoder wiring also.

I’m at a loss as to why to check next. I will probably have to get some remote help from Marc or the team at Centroid.

Cheers
Jules
I would suggest calling Centroid. See if Chris Bowser is available. It would be worth an hour of paid support for them to remote into your machine to take a look.
Make sure you have the latest version of Teamviewer installed before you call.
Please post a fresh report here.

DO let us know how this gets resolved Jules,
Marty
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
thelinuxman
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
DC3IOB: Yes
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by thelinuxman »

Since there was no resolution to this thread...and someone else is probably going to have this problem

I just installed a new OAK on a Bridgeport VMC 3020 and had the exact same issue at the original poster.
Using the default Centroid Umbrella ATC program, my spindle would spin right as the M15 Unclamp macro would run causing an unclamp fault. It looked exactly like the video that was posted.

Reading thru the thread, cncsnw pointed me in the right direction.
I got rid of the "M3 S200" after the spindle orient in my M6 macro first. This did not help, but I don't know why it is there & it is not needed.
Then I added the tool unclamped input before the orient reset in the PLC & now it works.
It makes sense that this should probaby be here anyways, but I can't explain why the spindle was turning without this.