All In One bench test

All things related to Centroid Oak, Allin1DC, MPU11 and Legacy products

Moderator: cnckeith

cncsnw

Re: All In One bench test

Post by cncsnw »

In your picture of the Alt-i screen, you have INP1 - INP6, plus INP10 and INP11 (therefore, all six limit switches plus VFD and emergency stop) inverted. Note the overscores above them. Maybe you are trying to follow "bench test" instructions, when in fact you are assembling the unit into a control?

In their inverted condition, those inputs all show red.

That suggests that you have correctly wired closed switches to all of those inputs, and if only you would un-invert them, then they would be green, as required and expected.

INP9 (LubeOk) would remain a problem, because it appears to be red (open) when not inverted. So, if you have a normally-open low-lube switch (or no low-lube switch), then you will need to invert INP9.
Beagle Beagle
Acorn CNC Controller: No
Allin1DC CNC Controller: Yes
Oak CNC controller: No
CNC Control System Serial Number: A900779
DC3IOB: No
CNC12: Yes
CNC11: No
CPU10 or CPU7: No

Post by Beagle Beagle »

All my switches are set up per this drawing. If the plc settings are wrong? I wouldn't know.
Attachments
DSC09218.JPG
Bridgeport V2XT, All In One DC #A900779. Using existing SEM motors 112 Volt. Spindle to be controlled by Lenze AC Tech VFD mod #ESV222N02YXB. Machine is being run on 208 3Phase power.
Beagle Beagle

Post by Beagle Beagle »

Another shot at the report. I'm following the instructions here for doing this. If the report is not here? Please by all means give me direction.
Attachments
report_0925192286_2021-03-05_08-07-43.zip
(196.93 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
Bridgeport V2XT, All In One DC #A900779. Using existing SEM motors 112 Volt. Spindle to be controlled by Lenze AC Tech VFD mod #ESV222N02YXB. Machine is being run on 208 3Phase power.
cncsnw

Post by cncsnw »

You have INP1 through INP6, plus INP10 and INP11, inverted.

This means you previously used the Alt-i screen to invert them, one at a time, using the Ctrl-Alt-i key combination.

Now you need to go back to the Alt-i screen; highlight each of those eight inputs in turn, and press Ctrl-Alt-i again, so that the overscore (little white line above the colored dot) goes away, and the dot changes to green.
Beagle Beagle

Post by Beagle Beagle »

I got motion baby! Had to change the lube float switch back again but it works! Sorda. When I go to jog an axes the thing takes off a full speed until it hits the limit. I have override at 10% and I made sure the panel was set to jog. Also when I push Y- it goes y+. Life is looking up! Bob L
martyscncgarage
Acorn CNC Controller: Yes
CNC Control System Serial Number: none
CNC11: Yes
CPU10 or CPU7: Yes

Post by martyscncgarage »

Beagle Beagle wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:51 pm I got motion baby! Had to change the lube float switch back again but it works! Sorda. When I go to jog an axes the thing takes off a full speed until it hits the limit. I have override at 10% and I made sure the panel was set to jog. Also when I push Y- it goes y+. Life is looking up! Bob L
Sounds like you have a runaway. Is it on one or all axis?
The control is expecting to turn the motor one way while the encoder is telling the control it's moving away. Control tries to get it where it belongs...never going to happen, so you get the runaway.
Reverse the motor power leads on the offending axis on the All in One and carefully test.

All this should have been done before attaching motors to the screws
Reminder, for support please follow this post: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=383
We can't "SEE" what you see...
Mesa, AZ
Beagle Beagle

Post by Beagle Beagle »

Thanks Marty, I'm using my original motors which are attached to the machine. Taking these puppies off is an all day job. It's happening on X and Y. Didn't even try Z. All my motor leads are the same. I'll swap'em out and see what happens. This is begging to get exciting. Thanks again. Bob L
martyscncgarage

When I do a conversion, I don't care how much trouble it is, I remove or unbelt the servos.....just to avoid potential damage.
Mesa, AZ
Beagle Beagle

Post by Beagle Beagle »

Marty, give the drama a break. That's what limit switches are for. I hope you charging for that time?
martyscncgarage

Beagle Beagle wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:55 pm Marty, give the drama a break. That's what limit switches are for. I hope you charging for that time?
Drama? It's good practice.
The Centroid All in One DC Installation manual covers everything in good detail. It works provided you follow it step by step.
Best of luck with your project.
Marty
Mesa, AZ